IHF Challenge: Yellow

by DaniGirl on May 24, 2011 · 28 comments

in Photography

This week’s theme on the I Heart Faces photography challenge is yellow. I truly love yellow – I think it’s my favourite colour. I wanted to post this picture so I could play along. I’ve been following I Heart Faces forever, but this is my first submission — yay!

125:365 Puddle jumper

To see some really amazing contributions, as well as some great tips and tutorials – or to play along yourself! – check them out:

Edited to add: Wheeeee!! I won!! Well, actually, I came in second place, but with nearly 450 amazing entries, I’m pretty happy with that.

Related posts (automatically generated):

1. IHF Challenge: Best of Summer 2011 When I saw that this week’s theme on the I Heart Faces photography challenge was “your best picture of Summer 2011″ I knew exactly which picture I would submit. I must admit, I took a lot (no, really? A LOT!) of pictures that I truly adore this summer, but this...
  2. IHF Challenge – Let’s hear it for the boys I’m sure you can imagine my delight when I saw that this week’s I Heart Faces photography challenge: Let’s hear it for the boys. The problem, of course, was narrowing it down to just one of the dozens (hundreds?) of pictures that express how much I love the boys in...
  3. IHF Weekly Challenge: From a distance I had so much fun with the I Heart Faces weekly photo challenge the first time I played that I wanted to try again. This week’s challenge is “From a Distance” and I thought this capture from last summer would be perfect. This is the statue of Samuel de Champlain,...
  4. Guess whose photo is on the cover of the local Yellow Pages directory? So this is a fun story. Back in the fall, I was contacted through Flickr about using one of my photos of Watson’s Mill in Manotick. It’s one of my favourite photos, but as I’ve assigned my licensing rights to Getty Images, I can’t license it privately. I explained that...
  5. Mothership Photography and Manotick’s Dickinson Days It has been a very exciting couple of days for Mothership Photography! Remember the I Heart Faces photo challenge I entered? My picture of Lucas jumping into a puddle came in second out of nearly 450 entries! How cool is that? And!! As if that weren’t exciting enough, I got...

1 Anonymous May 24, 2011 at 7:44 am

WOW! This is an amazing picture!!!

2 Michelle R Photography May 24, 2011 at 8:28 am

Oh my goodness, I LOVE this shot!!! Great freeze of action, composition, reflection and all around great capture!!!

3 Casey May 24, 2011 at 8:33 am

This is so awesome! I love the moment, the color, everything!

4 Andrea May 24, 2011 at 8:59 am

Love this! A great capture in the moment, makes me want to join him!

5 Anonymous May 24, 2011 at 10:21 am

First I want to tell you how much I love this shot…you have caught it at just the right split second and the framing is erfect too! Love it…kids and puddles…there are few things better…I used to let my guys go in their wellies and diapers and stomp to their hearts content!

The other thing that I wanted to let you know is the funny way of the Web…I found your blog here by searching for Andrew Haydon Park…we (my husband, one of my daughters, her beau, their almost 8 month old baby and I – we are an extended family!) are on the verge of renting a place in Crystal Beach…right near this Andrew Haydon park…my husband and I had walked around a bit of it after meeting with the house owner a few days ago…one of my 365 shots was of one of the overly friendly park inhabitants…

So your blog post about the park came up on a Google search for Andrew Haydon Park (5th on the list – pretty good!)…I was wandering around your blog – reading about TtV shots…I have a Roliflex and have been wanting to try this for a while now…your tutorials are great, btw…then I wandered over to your Flickr…and realized that we are in a few of the same groups…I had even commented on one of your pictures a while back! – the one about the dog appearing to be eating your Dad’s face…

It is funny how in this huge, seemingly limitless WWW, there are times when the world seems actually small…that you can bump into an almost neighbour!

6 Chelle May 24, 2011 at 10:23 am

Love this! The reflection is perfect!

7 Tamara Campbell May 24, 2011 at 10:50 am

Hmmm…I didn’t mean for my comment above to be an anonymous one!
It must have lost my info when I mis-read the picture of the words that show I am human and not a bot…

8 Lindsay May 24, 2011 at 11:11 am

Oh my gosh! I LOVE this one! It makes me want to run out and splash a puddle myself! It’s so sharp and the timing & composition are perfect! Nice work!

9 Julie May 24, 2011 at 11:22 am

Oh I just love everything about this shot.

10 Natasha May 24, 2011 at 11:42 am

I love this photo! It captures the moment perfectly.

11 Jen May 24, 2011 at 3:51 pm

this is awesome! :)

12 Stacy of KSW May 24, 2011 at 3:54 pm

I’m supposed to be studying, but I keep sneaking back to look at I heart Faces photos. Saw yours and just had to let you know its my favorite of the bunch!! If you dont get mentioned, let me know and I’ll make my own button for you!!

13 kara abbey May 24, 2011 at 7:06 pm

omigosh !! this is SO cute !! definitely one of my favorites i’ve seen this week šŸ˜€ LOVE it !

14 Dion Seneca May 24, 2011 at 8:46 pm

This is great! You will definitely be highlighted this week!

15 jo(e) May 24, 2011 at 10:41 pm

That’s a fantastic shot. I love everything about it: the colors, the action, the joy, the reflection in the puddle.

16 DaniGirl May 25, 2011 at 6:44 am

Thank you all for your sweet comments!! This is truly one of my fave photos ever, and I’m so happy to see you think so too! šŸ˜‰

Tamara, that is so funny — what a crazy thing this internet is! I love stories like yours, you made me smile. (And I love your pictures!!)

17 Anonymous May 25, 2011 at 7:43 am

I can almost see and feel the puddle splashing all over the place. Sweet & cool photo!

18 Life with Kaishon May 27, 2011 at 6:47 am

This is my FAVORITE! Congratulations on your win at I heart faces. So exciting since it is your very first time entering. Awesome!

19 allison-lee May 27, 2011 at 11:23 am

Congratulations on coming in 2nd! That’s quite the accomplishment!

20 Tonya Holsey May 27, 2011 at 7:54 pm

Congratulations on placing in this weeks challenge!! I absolutely LOOOOOVE your image!!!!!!! :) :) :) :)

21 Rachel May 28, 2011 at 11:51 am

Congratulations!A!! I love love LOVE this shot! Completely fun and dynamic! Please tell me you have it framed on your wall! :)

22 Elena June 3, 2011 at 2:31 pm

I don’t know where to begin, I love everything about this picture! The colors, the reflection, the motion, just EVERYTHING.