Help me choose!

by DaniGirl on May 21, 2011 · 11 comments

in Editorial asides, It IS all about me

You ever notice how people who love to take pictures seem to hate having their picture taken? Couple that with a deeply embedded aversion to change, and it becomes a huge ordeal for me to even think about changing my online avatar. Further, I think it’s good personal “branding” to have one picture across all the same social media channels you use — there have been a few times when I didn’t realize someone I was following on twitter was the same person I was also following on Flickr or their blog because the pictures were different.

Aside from a really fun evening, the nice thing about a playdate in the park with a bunch of talented photographers with nothing to shoot but each other is that you get some really great new pictures of yourself. Kym posted her 100 Strangers post featuring me and our photofest with Justin, Younes and Amanda this week — check it out!!

So now I have not one but four pictures I really like and am considering. I’ve been agonizing all week between a few of them that Kym and Justin took, and honestly, I simply can’t decide. Will you help me choose?

Thanks! šŸ™‚

1 Lara May 21, 2011 at 7:11 am

I like them all but I really want to see your face and not just your camera in your avatar šŸ™‚

2 Jody May 21, 2011 at 8:05 am

I lean toward something that shows your face. Because I’m irritating, I’d like #2 but closer up, maybe a half-body shot. 3 and 4 are great action shots but maybe not so good for branding, because your face is obscured?

3 Michelle (Meshl) May 21, 2011 at 8:18 am

#1 is my fave. Warm and we can see you šŸ™‚

4 Sara May 21, 2011 at 8:25 am

To be honest I like the smiling one and the squatting on the rock best. Followed by the full body.

I voted for the squatting on the rock because it shows a fun side and plus as odd as the position, you look comfortable. Plus you see your camera where as in the smiling one you do not.

I hope that helps.

5 Hilary May 21, 2011 at 3:51 pm

You’re so beautiful in the first one! I was checking out Kym’s project earlier and was really taken by that shot. But I also like 2. The reason I don’t like 3 and 4 is because we can’t see who you are – could be anyone with a camera.

6 Allison P. May 21, 2011 at 4:13 pm

I voted 1. You’re more than just your camera! It’s a gorgeous shot.

7 Paula May 21, 2011 at 4:33 pm

They are all very nice photos but your *smiling* close up one is the best for an avatar in my opinion.

8 Sara May 21, 2011 at 7:23 pm

I voted #1 but that’s only because I had a behind camera avatar for quite some time until Kym took a beautiful photo of me and I had no choice but to switch šŸ˜‰

9 Nancy May 22, 2011 at 5:43 am

Full body shot. My fave. It’s cute, natural, and relaxed. Use it!!

10 Lynn May 22, 2011 at 4:21 pm

I like the second one, the full body shot. It’s a little far away but it shows your face and your camera – so nice!

11 coffee with julie May 23, 2011 at 10:27 am

Love the smiling one. Sort of a half-smile … wistful, but could also be cheeky. It’s great. šŸ™‚