Three!

by DaniGirl on October 19, 2007 · 22 comments

in Life, the Universe and Everything

Why is it that when I’m short on time, I’m shorter on ideas? I just want to dash off a quick post today and I’ve written about 600 words on four different topics – none of which will coalesce into anything worth posting.

(I suppose I should have known I was scraping the bottom of the blog-fodder barrel when I admitted to the Interwebs that I wet my pants in Loblaws. Pretty clear sign in retrospect that maybe I need to restock the ideas cupboard!)

And now I’m completely out of time, and have nothing. Nothing!

So, in lieu of an actual post, I will resort to the laziest of devices and turn it all back on you.

Tell me three things about you. Any old three things at all. Your three favourite colours, three favourite foods, names of three pets you have owned, three vacations you have taken or want to take or would never dream of taking. Three books you want to read. Three shows you wish were still on TV. The three best toppings on a pizza. Why three? Because I’m thinking in threes lately – three sons, three boys, three children.

Don’t be shy – speak up! Surely there are three of SOMETHING rattling around in your brain.

1 JoJo October 19, 2007 at 8:34 am

Three reasons why I am SO FREAKING HAPPY that this is my last day at work:

1.) The commute from my bed to the playroom is 30 seconds. Two minutes if I brush my teeth first.

2.) Shoes are optional, panythose are forbidden and my Mickey Mouse socks will make me the coolest person in the playroom.

3.) Amelia.

2 Renee October 19, 2007 at 8:49 am

3 reasons I’m ready for the weekend:
1.) Sleeping past 6 a.m.
2.) A zoo trip tomorrow
3.) Watching Anna and Emma play in their games
Have a great weekend, Dani!

3 Kathryn October 19, 2007 at 9:22 am

3 things about me:
1- I think I love Halloween even more than my boys do, if that is even possible.
2- Even though I am looking forward to a time when the boys are a little older and I can go back to school, and get back into theater, I am dreading the boys getting older.
3- After 4 weeks my bathroom remodel project STILL is not finished. Grrrr.

4 alison October 19, 2007 at 9:44 am

Three upcoming movies I’d like to see:

1) The Dark is Rising – I just finished reading the book to Leah, and though I hear the movie deviates quite a bit from Susan Cooper’s book, I can’t wait to take her to see it.
2) The Golden Compass – I love the book, and the trailers I’ve seen online are very promising. The world in the movie looks a lot like I imagined it when reading the book, especially the armoured bear!
3) In the Electric Mist – Probably not out until next year, it’s based on “In the Electric Mist with Confederate Dead”, my favourite of the Dave Robicheaux novels of James Lee Burke. The kicker – Tommy Lee Jones is playing Dave, and he’s always who I see in my mind when I’m reading.

Hmmm, maybe I should have said “Three movies based on books that I want to see”.

5 daysgoby October 19, 2007 at 11:34 am

Three reasons I love my cats

1) Everytime they see me, they’re delighted. They purr. They make those funny neck movements and splay their limbs around, inviting me to stroke them. They don’t care if I’ve forgotten the milk or yelled at the dog (actually, I think they like that) or lost my library books.

2) My cats have never, ever, ever told me they weren’t going to finish their supper. Or that my thighs jiggle. Or ‘NOOOOOO! I don’t wanna take a bath!’

3) Pottytraining. They poop in their box. I shift litter every three days. ‘Nuff said. No Pull-Ups or training pants or ‘Do you have to go to the potty NOW?’

6 Ke October 19, 2007 at 12:21 pm

1. We have three cants

7 Kellan October 19, 2007 at 12:25 pm

Sorry about the blurp – let me try that again.

1. We have three cats 2. I like asparagus better than broccoli 3. I am the middle of three children. See Ya.

8 patois October 19, 2007 at 12:31 pm

Three reasons my cat lives outdoor:

1. During repeated stroking, which her purring seems to indicate she quite enjoys, she turns on me and bites me.
2. She enjoys taunting the dog, enticing the dumb mutt to go over to her only to then attack, fully armed and dangerous.
3. No matter how much we encourage her to come in, she prefers to stay outside.

Yes, she’s spayed. Yes, she has a warm and dry place to hang out. Yes, we take her for all her shots and flea treatments.

9 Barbara October 19, 2007 at 12:40 pm

1. I’m the youngest of 6 and was born at 9 years after my next closest sister.
2. Because of #1, I tend to be a take-charge person, i.e. I am bossy.
3. Because of #2, I enjoy writing policies. What could be better than bossing around one’s colleagues in the whole-wide, federal government?

10 urban pedestrian October 19, 2007 at 12:59 pm

3 things I like about my new city (Ottawa)

1. Byward market area
2. The weather
3. My daughter’s school (except for these idiots who keep calling in gun threats resulting in a school lockdown, scared teenagers and a wasted afternoon, not to mention all the other ramifications)

11 Karen October 19, 2007 at 1:18 pm

Three things I’m unlikely to accomplish today:

1. Cleaning the house (at least any significant portion of it).
2. My readings for class. Why do today what I could do tomorrow?
3. Preparing for supper. Nothing like waiting until the last minute. Why do it now when both kids are sleeping and I could spend my time more productively blogging, surfing or reading other blogs?

12 Loukia October 19, 2007 at 2:20 pm

Three things I am currently excited about:

1. The upcoming arrival of my new baby boy!
2. A trip to Toronto with the family to see friends, go to the zoo and SHOP at Pottery Barn and Pottery Barn Kids. (I won’t get into how depressing it is that I can’t also shop at bebe and other normal clothing stores right now…)
3. The weekend and a visit to the pumpkin patch.

13 Karen October 19, 2007 at 2:34 pm

Three things left to do in my kitchen:
1/ Install the new light fixture
2/ Choose tiles for the backsplash (and have it done)
3/ Have electrician hook up the wiring for the heated floors – cuz winter’s – a -coming!
That was fun Dani! have a great weekend!

14 Chris (Mombie) October 19, 2007 at 2:52 pm

Three ways I am taking better care of myself (I was in a rough spot for a few weeks – or was that months?):

1. Taking Saturdays off from everything except mothering
2. Mono-tasking whenever possible
3. Saying no to unwanted events and commitments whenever possible

15 Veronica October 19, 2007 at 3:24 pm

Three shows I wish were still on TV:
Titus, Firefly, Sports Night

16 lugina October 19, 2007 at 4:37 pm

I have three boys.
1. Brandon
2. Drake
3. Mason

17 Scattered Mom October 19, 2007 at 6:25 pm

Three Wishes:

1. That my son brings home lots of chocolate in his Halloween candy bag.

2. Noiseless hamster wheels will be invented (and we will buy one)

3. I will suddenly have awesome sewing powers so I don’t appear to be a complete moron at work.

18 Kerry October 19, 2007 at 7:32 pm

Three things about me:
1) I had three good meetings in one day. That’s more than I normally have in a month. Really!
2) I’ve received 6 emails from our Minister’s Comm Director since 6PM.
3) #2 and the requests therein might just push me over the edge of sanity. I am, however, not going to deal with it til Monday.
Speaking of which, I’ll see you then :o) Later, Skater!

19 Rebecca October 21, 2007 at 7:03 am

Three jobs I currently really want:
1) The PA job at the women’s charity
2) The legal secretary
3) The council typist.

Mmm.

20 Jennie October 22, 2007 at 11:11 am

three things I love about ottawa better than toronto:

1) I know where to find something cheap to do every night of the week.
2) The men here want to settle down and buy a house
3) Downtown is so accessible (sp?) and people are friendly

to bad it’s only three reasons 🙂

21 Liz October 22, 2007 at 8:57 pm

Three shows I wish were still on TV

1) Joan of Arcadia (sigh)
2) Farscape (double sigh)
3) Invisible Man

22 Liz October 22, 2007 at 8:59 pm

Wait! Three more!

1) Nero Wolfe (triple sigh)
2) The Tick (animated)
3) Chef! (but only if it’s like seasons 1 & 2)