I’ve downloaded a fun little app for my iPhone called TimeHop. It sends me a little ping each day showing me things I’ve posted to the Web on this day in history, up to seven years ago. I’m loving it! I’m such a sucker for nostalgia – I think one of my favourite things about the blog is being reminded of the old stories, of how far we’ve come and how much the boys have changed in such a short time.
Earlier this week, TimeHop kicked out this photo of Lucas in a Fisher-Price Rainforest swing that I took five years ago. Oh how I loved this swing! It was loaned to me from a friend, and I swear it saved my sanity. For Tristan we had an ancient battery-powered swing that moved too fast and made him sick each time he fell asleep in it. I don’t think we had a swing for Simon, who wouldn’t let me put him down for three seconds in a row anyway. But if I could go back in time and recommend to a new parent ONE bit of baby gear that totally saved my sanity, it would be this swing.
(Two month old Lucas. Sigh. Where does the time go?)
I don’t think they make this model any more, but the My Little Snugabunny Cradle N Swing looks like the 2013 update to this Fisher-Price Favourite. Remember I mentioned Fisher-Price Favourites last month? They’ve identified a dozen products that have stood the test of time and countless families like ours. The trims and colours and patterns have changed slightly through the years, but Fisher-Price considers these the best of the best. Here’s the full list of Fisher-Price Favourites:
1. Ocean Wonders Aquarium
2. My Little Snugabunny Cradle N Swing
3. Infant to Toddler Rocker
4. SpaceSaver High Chair
5. Discover’n Grow Jumperoo
6. Brilliant Basics Rock a Stack
7. Laugh & Learn Love to Play Puppy
8. Laugh & Learn Say Please Tea Set
9. Laugh & Learn Click ‘n Learn Remote
10. Brilliant Basics Stroll-Along Walker
11. Little People Wheelies Stand ‘ n Play Rampway
12. Little People Animal Sounds Farm
I would put all five of those first five items in my “must have for baby’s first year” list. We had an Ocean Wonders Aquarium in the boys’ cribs and I wish we had had the remote control feature that’s on the modern version. We also had a Fisher-Price bouncy chair that lasted through all three boys and a high chair that endured pretty close to six solid years of use. (I do like the space-saver version of the high chair, though – I stubbed a lot of toes on the legs of our old Fisher-Price Healthy Care high chair, but holy cow was it ever durable!) The only one we didn’t have on this list was a Jumperoo – did you ever use one of those?
Here’s all three boys in the same Fisher-Price high chair:
Did you get my “durability” theme here? Each one of my own personal Fisher-Price favourites lasted multiple kids, lots of hard use and lots of love. That’s another reason why I have always loved the Fisher-Price brand and why I’m happy to work with them. Good stuff made well. That’s how you become a family favourite!
Don’t forget, until the end of April you can save 20% online when you buy a Fisher-Price Favourite from ToysRUs.ca: just use coupon code FISHERPRICE20
If you were stocking up for a new arrival, which of these would be on your “must have” list?
Disclosure: I am part of the Fisher-Price Play Ambassador program with Mom Central Canada and I receive special perks as part of my affiliation with this group. The opinions on this blog are my own.
Related posts (automatically generated):
- Baby belly laughs and a Fisher-Price contest I love the serendipity of how this worked out. Just about the time we found a cache of old video clips of the boys as babies and toddlers, my friends at Fisher-Price announced the launch of a new contest where you can share your favourite photos and videos of your...
- Fisher-Price Favourites: What makes a favourite toy? (With bonus coupon code!) Do you remember the first toy you bought for your child? Aside from the bright teether toys and cuddly stuffies designed for newborns, the first actual toy I bought for Tristan was the Fisher-Price Brilliant Basics Rock-a-stack. That toy lasted through three drooling, teething, throwing, banging boys and still looked...
- Keeping kids entertained on the go – and a giveaway from Fisher-Price! We’re packing up the car again this weekend, heading down to visit family in southern Ontario. It’s been quite a while since our last road trip, and I cant’ wait to hit the road. I don’t know whether car trips are getting easier now that the boys are getting older,...
- Fisher-Price Holiday Gift Guide: Ages 2 to 5 A while back, I posted my thoughts on some great gift ideas for the six-years-and-older demographic based on my experiences this year with Fisher-Price Canada. I’m a little later than I wanted to be with this follow-up, but I hope it’s helpful for your holiday buying! If I were to...
- Ho-ho-hot holiday toys from Fisher-Price! It’s the first week of December, do you have your Christmas shopping done yet? When did I become the kind of person who is done the bulk of her shopping by the first of December? I am all about the last minute! I’ve noticed in the last few years, though,...