Free museum admissions in Ottawa on May 18

by DaniGirl on May 17, 2009 · 11 comments

in Life in Ottawa, Ottawa Family Fun

Looking for something to do in Ottawa tomorrow? May 18, 2009 is International Museum day, and you can get free admission to all or part of the exhibits at the Canadian Museum of Civilization, the Canadian War Museum, the Nature Museum and the National Gallery, among others.

I think we’ll be checking out the Mythic Beasts exhibit at the Museum of Civilization. If you haven’t already done so, consider combining a visit to the Tulip Festival (Monday is the last day!) at Major’s Hill Park with a visit to the National Gallery. Should be a beautiful and bright (if not terribly warm) day for it!

105b:365 National Gallery from the ferris wheel

1 ian May 17, 2009 at 10:03 am

Awesome – thanks for the tip!

2 sky girl May 17, 2009 at 5:57 pm

You are brave. I think I’d rather pay admission than brave the crowds that come out on Free Day. 🙂 Have fun!

3 OttawaStart.com May 18, 2009 at 2:12 am

Free admission to #Ottawa museums on Monday: http://bit.ly/16xsAq

4 phdinparenting May 18, 2009 at 3:19 am

Free museum admissions in Ottawa on May 18 http://bit.ly/16xsAq

5 Dawna May 18, 2009 at 1:52 pm

It was nutbar! Don’t know if you made it, but we were there for opening and had to bail by lunch….

6 XUP May 18, 2009 at 2:41 pm

Even if they’re not free – the museums in this city are still the best deal going

7 DaniGirl May 19, 2009 at 7:42 am

Dawna, we probably passed by you in the crush somewhere. “Nutbar” is right! I’ve been to the Children’s Museum on March Break and I think there were twice that many people there. We did the Mythic Beasts exhibit and the Egyptian exhibit and then escaped outside for the BBQ and to walk around behind the museum along the river. We were home by 2 pm — thank goodness we went early!

8 Anonymous May 19, 2009 at 8:42 am

your site looks great but i can’t scroll down more than one post and then my IE crashes … has happened 3 days in a row … of course now I am dying to know all that exists ‘below the fold’!! hmmm…captcha says ‘ghostly un-‘ … now i’m even more curious!!

9 DaniGirl May 19, 2009 at 8:45 am

Hmmm, I have had trouble scrolling too — thought it was my browser. Thanks for letting me know, but I have no idea how to fix that!

10 Annie May 19, 2009 at 6:39 pm

Thanks for the tip Dani. My 3 yrs old and I went to the museum of science and technology on Monday. Got there around 11:30 a.m. I was expecting a crowd but it was just busy enough. We had a great time.