Nevermind

by DaniGirl on January 25, 2008 · 35 comments

in Postcards from my uterus

Forget I said anything. Nothing to see here today, folks. Contractions? What contractions? Sigh.

I’m truly at a loss as to how one can go from 12 hours of *real* contractions (this is baby #3, I know from contractions) every 2 to 6 minutes to nothing. I wouldn’t even mind, if I weren’t so bloody tired now — and can’t sleep a wink because of the damn restless legs.

Anyway, thanks for all your kind words and comments! Check back again in two weeks, cuz he’s got to come out eventually…

1 colleen January 25, 2008 at 11:49 am

Two weeks…bah humbug. I’m saying this weekend and no, it is not my chosen date. Good luck Dani!

2 Tracey January 25, 2008 at 11:50 am

Get some sleep. Might be tomorrow! 🙂

3 Marla January 25, 2008 at 12:04 pm

So I won’t hold my breath…

and hardee har har – my comment verification words are “and stuck”

4 Fawn January 25, 2008 at 12:21 pm

Drink up that raspberry leaf tea! (ducks) Seriously, though, Dani, we’re all still keeping our fingers crossed for you. Ya never know!

And *my* Captcha words are “husband” and “incense” – perhaps a hint to get in the mood…?

(ducks again)

5 Sue January 25, 2008 at 12:49 pm

Marla and Fawn are making me laugh. I have no suggestions. My babies were born when dinosaurs roamed the earth and my (sob! menopausal) body has no memory of it whatsoever. However, Fawn’s suggestion of husband and incense sounds good (ducks)

The date that I guessed for the poll was Jan 30th 2:10 pm, so if you could hold off ’til then (ducks again).

(((Dani)))

6 mamatulip January 25, 2008 at 12:57 pm

I remember having contractions for a week before I was induced with Oliver…

And my word is ‘climbed’. Maybe you should go climbing to induce labour? Hahaha.

7 bubandpie January 25, 2008 at 12:57 pm

The false labour is SO frustrating. I had lots of very regular contractions in the weeks leading up to the Pie’s birth (up to an hour of regular 5-minute intervals), but the difference between the real thing was that it HURT. Not in the sense of, “Wow that one was strong – it almost hurt!” but in the sense of “That really HURTS!”

8 Rebecca January 25, 2008 at 1:09 pm

Bummer. I was so hoping for a baby today.

I will tell you tho… I had 2 full days of that with my second and ended up with only 2 hrs of ouchie labor so it was worth it. May your labor be simply taking a breather and will be over quickly and as painlessly as possible!

9 kgirl January 25, 2008 at 1:09 pm

I had contractions start and stop for DAYS! 6 days before I actually had the baby (already overdue) I was out with my sis and the contractions were so intense that I had to stop walking a couple of times. I thought, oh yeah, this is it! And no, it was not.
Soon, my friend.

10 Kerry January 25, 2008 at 1:15 pm

It’s cause you went to Walmart, Dani. I’m telling you, that baby was ready, then you scared it back into your belly. You should have taken it to Chapters. (I think your Captcha people know you’re having a baby: my words were “three story” and “rubbed” – maybe you need to read three stories while the kids rub your belly for luck?)

11 suze January 25, 2008 at 1:38 pm

Sigh. I hope the little guy comes soon. Sorry it wasn’t the real thing…

12 Catherine January 25, 2008 at 2:11 pm

((hugs))

That is exactly how things went down with my youngest (and third) child. He eventually was born but I think I very nearly lost my mind waiting for it to happen with all the contractions and lack of sleep and “When are you having that kid?”s.

((more hugs))

*I used to comment here occasionally under a different name. I’m in bloggy witness protection.

13 Kathleen in Ottawa January 25, 2008 at 2:17 pm

Sorry it isn’t yet, but rest assured you have bloggy folks waiting on the edge of their seats.
Hope all goes well

14 Bex January 25, 2008 at 2:25 pm

Oh Dani- you’re so great for keeping us all right there with ya! Thinking of you and waiting to hear (or not hear, cuz then we really know you’re in the hospital delivering the player to be named SOON!)

My words are Miss operator, tells me that you and your midwife will be spending a lot of time together VERY SHORTLY!!!!

15 jo(e) January 25, 2008 at 2:29 pm

I had nine days of that kind of thing with my fourth child. The good thing is that by the time the contractions really kicked in, my body had done most of the work and the birth was really easy. The toughest thing is trying to stay rested … just grab sleep whenever you can ….

AND KEEP UPDATING THE BLOG! I mean, that’s the important thing ….

16 Not So Little Sister January 25, 2008 at 3:15 pm

(((DANI))))

Sorry, dear. I have no idea what you’re going through but I’m sure I will soon…well, not soon enough. Good luck and keep us updated. Fingers crossed for things to pick up again soon!!

17 nancy January 25, 2008 at 3:38 pm

Really hoping your hospital has Wi-Fi cause that’s the kind of live blogging we deserve…and if anyone can do it, it is most certainly you. And if you don’t, then you owe me and you must name him Ben.

I am now going to check the Ottawa online news to see if you have in fact delivered in Wal-Mart. In that case, you will name hime Walter (but we’ll call him Wally in the most endearing manner).

LMFAO my verif. words are The Huge!! that’s YOU!

18 Brenda January 25, 2008 at 3:49 pm

Oh Dani,
I was coming on not expecting to see that this little player to be named “Ben” or “Wally” giving you such a hard time!

I hope the munchkin arrives sometime soon so I can get a “newborn” visit in! It has been ages!

Brenda

19 daysgoby January 25, 2008 at 4:01 pm

Nah, people.

Dani will wander off, in an attempt to soothe her legs and stop those damned pains, and in a fog of sleeplessness mosey on up to the counter of a coffee joint. Exactly one minute after ordering, her water will break.
An ambulance will be called as she frantically gulps the hot double-double and soon after she arrives at the hospital, Fancy-name Tim Horton Lastname will be born.

These Captchas have it in for you. Mine’s convulsively.

20 Miche January 25, 2008 at 4:42 pm

Sending bottled sleep your way!

21 Marla January 25, 2008 at 5:16 pm

I’m just checking in to play Captcha Dani’s fortune – this one is Petersburg not. So, his name won’t be Peter, I’m pretty sure. But …not? No word from Dani and no baby? Well I’ll submit this and see what the next one says. It’s a fun new game I think we all just invented.

22 Marla January 25, 2008 at 5:16 pm

OH MY GOSH – this Captcha is greet Mario! Can it be?

23 Marla January 25, 2008 at 5:17 pm

Now it’s ample Carter!

What if it’s a big boy named Carter?!

24 ewe_are_here January 25, 2008 at 5:52 pm

A real stubborn wee one you have in there then. Sigh.

I hope he makes his appearance soon.

25 Cait January 25, 2008 at 5:58 pm

Hang in there chickie! Though you’re making the whole thing sound pretty scary, I’m sure we’ll get a post on how wonderful everything is VERY VERY soon.
May the force be with you.

26 Chantal (Bread Crumbs) January 25, 2008 at 6:11 pm

I don’t believe in “false” labour. It’s all doing something. Ripening the cervixing. Sending the baby further into your pelvis. Making things easier for when it really gets going.

Third babies are notoriously unpredictable. Sounds like this one is playing right along!

27 Catherine January 25, 2008 at 7:08 pm

The Capcha is touch coach. I’m feeling pretty good about things ….

28 DaniGirl January 25, 2008 at 7:33 pm

Marla, d’ya REALLY think I’m naming this goober “Mario”? I mean really! (No, according to this captcha, he’s Mr Recoup. What is he recouping, the nine hours of sleep he stole last night????

29 revdrmom January 25, 2008 at 8:36 pm

My captcha is Dr. Boxing…….

30 nancy January 25, 2008 at 9:32 pm

I like Marla’s Carter captcha – great name!!

Mine is Kennecott – you think?

31 Marla January 25, 2008 at 10:02 pm

Casper

32 Marla January 25, 2008 at 10:02 pm

Northcliffe Gordon?

33 Chris (Mombie) January 26, 2008 at 7:23 am

Hmm, my words are “Smith, wife spray” which I find alarming to say the least.

I’m going to assume that your midwife’s name is Smith, and she is spraying some sort of aromatherapy concoction around the room to entice little Mario out.

34 Kathryn January 26, 2008 at 3:50 pm

Yep. That is exactly what happened with my third. I actually had strong contractions for two weeks before I delivered. It was nuts.