This summer is clearly too jam-packed full of fun for me to be able to keep up with my weekly photo posts! Here’s another couple of weeks in photos.
These two weeks have had a definite farm flavour to them. I was invited to join an extended family on their farm near Metcalfe one afternoon and I have to say that it was one of my most favourite photo sessions ever. More on that soon, but how could you go wrong with a family this adorable against a backdrop like this??
And then there was my visit to Kricklewood Farm. More on that soon, too!
We’ve made great use of the new treehouse this summer. In addition to using it as a movie screen, we use it to exercise the dog. Bella has decided that the swinging rope is a dog toy. It’s pretty funny to watch her grab hold and yank, often swinging right off her feet!
Another reason there was no photo post last week was because I was having too much fun with my visiting brother and his kids. Having five kids in the house elevates the chaos level *almost* as much as it elevates the cute level. I do adore them so!
And there were still pretty flowers just waiting to be admired and slathered with texture. I may love coneflowers almost as much as I love sunflowers.
There’s just something about a shabby chic fence with flowers, isn’t there?
But then eek! This happened. I’m NOT READY!!!!!!
And last but not least, the other night after a day of rain, there were lovely rainbows arcing across Manotick.
It’s a good sign when you follow the rainbow and find it ends on your house, right?
I’ll let you know if we find any leprechauns lurking in the treehouse.
Related posts (automatically generated):
- This week in pictures: Fog and filters and textures The nice thing about taking three full weeks of vacation, more or less, is that you manage to work through your mental lists of all the things you have to do AND most of the things you want to do and by the time the third week is puttering to...
- Extended family portraits at the farm Back in July, I received the kind of invitation that set my imagination on fire: an extended family including out of town relatives would be gathering on the family farm just outside of Ottawa, and they wanted photographs of each family, the grandparents and the grandkids together. There would be...
- This week (or two) in pictures: Part two of a rambly catch-up post Toward the end of July, I had the pleasure of back-to-back portraits on the porch: one little guy dropped by for pictures to celebrate his first birthday, and then a few days later a lovely lady honoured me with a visit to commemorate her 100th birthday. How awesome is that?...
- The one with the new treehouse It was almost three years ago that we first saw this house. I joke now (in that joking sort of way that has more than a nugget of truth in it) that there was a spectacular porch that I adored, an amazing treehouse that enchanted Tristan from first sight, and...
- This week in pictures: Flowery! Winter seemed so reluctant to leave us this year, with a long, cool and slow start to spring, so when the flowers arrived in riot of colour this week, it was almost shocking. Already? Well yeesh, it’s almost May, yes already! As you’ll see, I was helpless to resist each...