Okay, you’ve heard me talking about it for weeks. Now’s your chance to get in on the action! This Saturday, February 23, drop by Harry Nowell’s downtown studio to place YOUR bid in the 2013 media/celebrity “Why I Love Ottawa/Gatinea” photo auction!
You might remember I spent a cold week in January traipsing around the frozen city, trying to frame up a few of the many ways I love Ottawa in a single photograph. Only one of my photos made the cut to the final auction, and it’s now professionally framed and mounted and ready to help raise money for the Ottawa Food Bank. I’d narrowed it down to six contenders when I had to farm out the final decision-making process to Facebook – I just couldn’t decide!
I can’t wait to see what some of the other “competitors” in this friendly contest have submitted. Drop by Harry’s studio and you could own a piece of original artwork by prominent Ottawans like Sandy Sharkey, Stuntman Stu, Mayor Jim Watson, CBC radio personalities Ian Black and Alan Neal, Councillor David Chernushenko and many others. The winners of the Facebook contest have also been announced – check them out, some gorgeous work here!
In addition to the artwork, at Saturday’s auction and exhibition there will be auction items from Henry’s Camera, Mountain Equipment Co-Op and the Ottawa 67s, among others, and you’ll be able to cast your vote for the coveted “People’s Choice” award. *coughVoteForMecough*
Harry summed up the event perfectly on his own blog:
Reasons to visit the exhibition and auction:
• meet some celebrities
• see some artwork
• buy some artwork!
• support the Ottawa Food Bank!
• Bid on other prizes from sponsors!
Here’s the details:
- Saturday, February 23rd: Noon to 8:30pm.
- Ottawa Studio Works: 160 Preston St. (between Gladstone and Somerset)
- Auction and “People’s Choice Ballot” runs until 7pm; Presentation at 8pm.
Will I see you there?
Related posts (automatically generated):
- Photo auction finalé and my traitorous date So can you stand just ONE more post about the Why I Love Ottawa/Gatineau photo contest? Because I really want to tell you how it all came out! The auction was, as I may have mentioned, last Saturday at Harry’s OttawaStudioWorks studio. I’d hoped Beloved and I could attend together...
- Come and play along with the I Love Ottawa/Gatineau photo contest! I mentioned last week that I’ve been invited to participate in a fun new contest to help raise money for the Ottawa Food Bank. The launch event was this morning. It was a horrible morning outside (sleet and howling winds that turned into a blizzard while we were there!) but...
- Fun new project: Online photo class with Harry Nowell The more I learn about photography, the more I realize how much more I have to learn. I like to take at least one or two workshops each year, sometimes to firm up skills where I have some comfort, and some to stretch me where I think I need extra...
- The Art of the Sunflower Fundraising Auction I have been telling this story in bits and pieces on the blog, on Flickr, on Facebook and even on the radio for weeks now, but I’m finally ready to share the whole thing with you! The story begins way back in the cold heart of winter. I was listening...
- Will Work for Food Project: The Ottawa Art Gallery Community Art Garden I promise I’ll be back with more actual blog posts in the very near future (oy, my life right now!) but in the interim, I’m cheating and copying verbatim this press release from the Ottawa Art Gallery about an awesome new project they’ve launched: The Ottawa Art Gallery Community Art...