How cool is this? I just found out that Postcards from the Mothership won third place in the “Art and Photography” category of the Canadian Weblog Awards!!
I had been nominated in three (!) categories: Best Parenting Blog, Best Blog about Life and Best Art and Photography Blog. (And a HUGE thank you to whomever nominated me!) I love the fact that the Canadian Weblog Awards are juried (no grovelling for votes!) and I love love love that I won in the Art and Photography category. Thank you!!!
So, ahem, how about some photos?
On Saturday, we went out to enjoy Manotick’s Shiverfest with a little sledding. What we didn’t realize until after was that the city had closed all its hills because they were so icy. We’d hauled ourselves out in the cold, though, and we had the hill to ourselves for most of the time we were there, so with me playing traffic cop to make sure nobody took off too soon and wiped out a brother, we ended up having a lot of fun.
Listening to Lucas hoot and holler, somewhere between exhilaration and terror, was priceless, as was his bellow of assurance at the bottom of each run. “I’m okay mom!”
The next day Tristan and I braved the cold for a wander around the Lime Kiln Trail. The poor wee birds must have been starving with the recent deep freeze, because I swear we could have just sat in the car and held our hands out the window to feed them. We’ve fed the chickadees many times, and I’ve never seen them so aggressive.
The middle bit of the week was a little less photogenic. Tristan put together this “cracker napkin” and I thought it would make a good instagram shot.
And there’s always room for a cat-dog shot, right?
(I’d like that one a lot more if the light had been a little better and the shot a little less grainy. Oh well.)
And then suddenly, Simon was nine years old!
Doesn’t his expression say “okay mom, one more, but can I eat my cake now please?”
Now if you’ll excuse me, I think there is a birthday party at some point today for which I should be getting ready… 😉
Related posts (automatically generated):
- 2010 Canadian Weblog Awards You know I’m a bit of a blog award junkie. I admit it, in my personal life and even at work, I’m a huge believer in recognition and positive feedback. I’m sure this has everything to do with leftover insecurity issues from my teen years and my infernal and endless...
- You think I’m funny? You think I’m FUNNY! *squeee* Beloved will tell you, there is no living with me right now. Not since I found out that Postcards from the Mothership was shortlisted as one of the five finalists in the Humour category of the 2010 Canadian Weblog Awards. Did you catch that? The HUMOUR category. *swoon* Humour! I...
- Bloggy gratitude There are a lot of needy things in my life, and I’ll be the first to admit that blog has slowly slid down the hierarchy of things that get my attention. Facebook steals all my short-form content and impulsive commentary, and while I still love to write for blog, finding...
- So far, 2011 is looking pretty damn good! It’s barely 10:00 on New Year’s Day, and (at the risk of jynxing myself) I’ve gotta say, it’s been a pretty damn good year so far. I woke up at a spectacular 6:20 am, almost a full hour later than I’ve woken or been woken up for most of the...
- This week in pictures: Vignettes and cats and a nomination! Oops, I’m late posting this! What a week it’s been!! (A post for another day…) Ahem, anyway…. I haven’t been carrying my Nikon around with me this week. I’ve mostly been using my iPhone for pictures. After the Instagram debacle, I considered deleting my account, but decided instead to keep...