Hoo boy, is it cold out there or WHAT? If I understood the forecaster correctly, this is the coldest stretch of weather in Simon’s entire lifetime, and he turns nine next week. Brrrr!
But this weekend, we’re warming up to a temperate minus 15C, so it will be perfect to come out and play during Manotick’s annual winter festival, Shiverfest!
Don’t like the cold? There’s indoor fun to be had as well, including a chili cookoff and a trivia contest (with a raffle prize of a porch portrait session with a certain Manotick photographer you might know!) Here’s the schedule of fun:
Friday Jan. 25th:
6:00-6:50 pm Rideau Skating Club Exhibition (Manotick Arena)
6:30 pm start Outdoor Bonfire (Centennial Park)
7:00-8:00 pm Family Skate Night (Manotick Arena)
8:00 – 9:00 pm Dr. Kaboom (Manotick Arena Hall, upstairs)
Saturday Jan. 26th:
7:30-11:00 am Kiwanis Pancake Breakfast (Manotick Arena Hall)
9:30-11:15 am Children’s Fun Time, Ages 2-6 (Manotick Cooperative Nursery School at the Arena)
10:00 am-Noon Horse Drawn Sleigh Rides (Centennial Park)
All day: Tobogganing and Skating (Manotick Mountain/Outdoor Rink – Centennial Park)
1:00 – 2:00 pm Dino Reptiles (Manotick Arena Hall)
2:00 – 4:00 pm Chili Cook-Off (Manotick Legion)
6:00 – 9:00 pm Bands that “Raise the Roof” (Manotick Arena Hall)
9:00 – closing Open Mic” Night (Mill Tavern Restaurant)
Sunday Jan 27th
1:00 – 4:00 Pm Trivia Contest (Mill Tavern Restaurant): Grab a few friends, put together a team of 2 -6 people and have a memorable afternoon at The Mill. Contact email@example.com for tickets.
Sounds like fun, right? Here’s what Shiverfest 2011 looked like:
Think of it as the perfect opportunity to take your “Why I love Ottawa/Gatineau” photo contest photo. And HEY! There’s a Shiverfest photo contest, too!
Check out the Manotick Village and Community Association website for more info!
Related posts (automatically generated):
- Weekend winter family fun: Shiverfest 2014 The forecast for the weekend looks wintry without being bone-numbingly, cheek-searingly cold – perfect weather to come out and celebrate the season at Manotick’s annual Shiverfest Winter Carnival! There’s a full schedule of events for indoor and outdoor activities. Here’s the full list of what’s going on where and when:...
- Come shiver in Manotick this weekend! One of the many things I’m loving about Manotick is that there’s a community festival of some sort about every six weeks or so. This Friday and Saturday, it’s Shiverfest! There’s all sorts of family fun, including a bonfire, public skating, a chili cook-off and even a photography contest. There’s...
- Celebrate winter at Manotick’s Shiverfest next weekend I read somewhere in the Ottawa media recently that today, January 19, is the official “dead of winter.” Today is the date with the lowest average daily temperature of the entire year, and the average daily temperature creeps upward from here. So now we can officially say that winter is...
- A dozen reasons to visit Manotick for Dickinson Days this weekend Did you see the weather forecast for this weekend? Sun, sun and more sun, with a side of heat and a little more sun. Helllloooooo summer, we are *so* glad to see you! You know I love summer. You know I love free family fun. You know I love Manotick....
- Ottawa family fun this weekend: Manotick’s Picnic in the Park and Soapbox Derby Phew, I’ve been so busy telling you about family fun on the Mayan Riviera that I almost forgot to tell you about terrific family fun this weekend right here in Manotick! Sunday August 26 will be Manotick’s annual Picnic in the Park, with a reprise of last year’s very successful...