This was an amazing year for me from a photographic perspective. Getty Images continued to be a lot of fun, not to mention a lucrative little endeavour, and I have approximately 450 images for license now. (!) The portrait business was hopping from early spring until early winter with photo shoots every weekend all summer long. It was absolutely delightful to meet so many lovely families and have the chance to take their portraits. And in fact, I still have so many to share! Before I get to that, though, here’s my favourite photos from this week, over Christmas and the last full week of 2012.
Even though it’s not a Christmas shot, this may be one of my favourites of the week, and I had to move fast with my iPhone to catch it. Rememer when you used to read comic books in your secret blanket fort? Times sure have changed!
A lot of the week looked like this:
I love the expression on Lucas’s face but OMG don’t they all look terribly grown up all of a sudden? Heh, not to grown up to get a gift from Santa at my work Christmas party, tho!!
I barely took any pictures on Christmas Eve, when we traditionally open most of our gifts. It was a huge relief! I never like how they come out, and with a full house I had lots of other things to do. I did get these shots from Christmas Eve into Christmas Day, though, and we had a lovely time with my face NOT plastered to the viewfinder *coughforachangecough*
And this is the happy aftermath of Christmas. These are the moments I want to remember – mussy-haired laughing boys first thing in the morning, jumbled together on the bed assembling new Lego sets received for Christmas.
These two weren’t official photos of the day, but they were significant enough parts of the week that they bear inclusion here. First, a re-cap of my rescue by Santa Claus on Christmas Day (did you see the new PS with the improved photo of my hero? Apparently I’m the only person in Manotick who had never met Andy!!)
And then it snowed – and snowed – and snowed! It took double the usual commute, but I did make it in to work on Thursday. This is what it looked like when I went out in search of coffee midmorning:
You might have noticed I’m test-driving a new watermark. I love the Mothership Photography logo with the shooting star, but it is occasionally hard to read and a few have commented that the busyness of it takes away from the photographs themselves. I also wanted a watermark that I could more easily replicate on my mobile pictures and one that asserts my copyright a little more strongly. Finally, the bit of free advertising for the web site doesn’t hurt! My only concern is that Flickr is not fond of you advertising your own website in your descriptions, although I have done it occasionally without repercussions. And I’m not entirely sure you can attribute copyright to a URL instead of a person.
Anyway, I do like the cleaner look. What do you think?
Related posts (automatically generated):
- This week in pictures: It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas! It’s been a while since I posted the weekly picture round-up. I’ve been taking a photo most days, but especially through November there were a handful of days I skipped. I missed it, though, and though I should have finished my third 365 project tomorrow, I’m running about a week...
- Enjoy an “olde fashioned” Christmas in Manotick this weekend Looking for a great way to kick off the countdown to Christmas? Why not come on down to Manotick this weekend and enjoy the village that has completely captured my heart? On December 4 and 5, the village transforms itself into a Christmas village with horse-drawn carriage rides, a crafter’s...
- Flashback faves: Santa Quest 2008 One of the joys of having more than two thousand (!) posts in my archive is the delight of stumbling on to an old post and re-reading it again. I’m pretty sure only my mother has read all of them, and if I’ve forgotten the content I’m pretty sure that...
- Santa? There’s an app for that (Ha, I started writing this post and then remembered I’d written something similar. I dug around in the archives and found the one I was looking for, from 2009. I’m sure I haven’t looked at it since I published it three years ago, but I had taken exactly the same...
- This week in pictures: In which she utterly fails to take a week of black and white photos I had an idea setting out this week, that I would take nothing but black and white photos for a week, thus teaching myself to better see the type of images that best work in black and white. Ha! Perhaps I should not have chosen the MOST COLOURFUL week of...