As if he weren’t insufferable enough, the ginger menace is now appearing in this month’s issue of Good Housekeeping magazine. Look!
Here’s the original, from my own Christmas Story last year:
Fun, eh? But the way I found out about Willie’s appearance (via Getty Images) makes the story that much better. I received this e-mail on the weekend:
Just wanted to let you know how much fun it was to open the December 2012
issue of Good Housekeeping magazine and find your Willie (albeit in reverse)
on page 35!
Last year’s Willie-and-the-Christmas-tree sequence is one of my all-time
favourites of your photo stories.
I’ve been reading your blog since 2007… until this moment as a lurker!
Someday I will tell you the story of how I found ‘Postcards from the
Mothership’, and why I love to visit regularly, even though I may not match
your usual reader profile.
Sincere good wishes,
B.W. in Saskatoon, SK
Is that not the best? I smile every time I re-read it. I don’t know what I find more delightful, the fact that Willie’s picture (ahem, MY picture!) got licensed in a national magazine, or the serendipitous and incredibly heartwarming way I found out about it.
It restores my faith in the Interwebs, it does!
And hey, speaking of my photos, I completely forgot to tell you about this one, too! This came out while we were on vacation – my photo of the lover’s locks on the Corktown Bridge ran in Winter edition of Ottawa Magazine. Fun, eh? That one wasn’t licensed through Getty but sold directly to the publisher.
Here’s the original:
And look, I even got name credit!! All this plus a great family photo shoot — I wish all weekends could be this much fun!
Related posts (automatically generated):
- Flashback Fave: A Christmas Story Another seasonal favourite post to re-share this holiday season! I think this is also Lucas’s favourite blog post that I have ever written. He often asks me to show him “the story with Willie and the red ball.” There I was, minding my own business, playing with the Charlie Brown...
- Funniest use of a photo yet Ha ha ha ha! This may be the best, weirdest use of one of my photos yet! You know I license some of my photos through Getty Images, right? I’ve been collecting some of my favourites on my photography Facebook page – they’ve been used in calendars, flyers, websites, books...
- Found in the Wild Although I post them fairly regularly on Flickr as I find them, I don’t think I’ve ever written a blog post to show you some of the fun and quirky uses I’ve found for the photos I’ve licensed through Getty Images over the last couple of years. Some are lovely,...
- Wahoo, made my first sale on Getty Images! As I mentioned this summer, I’ve been invited to license some of my pictures as stock photography with Getty Images. I was really excited to get the invitation, but it’s been a very s-l-o-w process just to get the invited pictures up on the Getty site and ready for sale....
- In which her photos travel to Norway, Germany, the UK, Russia and Taiwan, among other places Thanks to Facebook’s “On this day” feature, I was reminded that it was seven years ago today that I started my first Project 365. Yes, you read that right: SEVEN YEARS ago. Wow. Among other things, it serves as an awesome cautionary tale: you never know where your capricious whims...