Did you hear the news? The Wiggles are retiring! (I know, I know, there’s a joke in here somewhere, but I have a longstanding and perhaps inexplicable affection for the Wiggles, and so I decided to play this one straight.) Well, not all of the Wiggles, but three of the four original members are handing down their colourful jerseys to a new generation of Wiggles. According to the press release for their farewell tour, stopping in Ottawa on October 16, 2012:
The Wiggles, the fast-dancing, fun-loving Fab Four from Down Under, are returning to Canada (and select U.S. cities) with their brand new show CELEBRATION, which will reunite Original Yellow Wiggle Greg Page with Anthony, Jeff, and Murray for their final tour together at the original Wiggles. After 21 years of entertaining and educating children around the globe, Red Wiggle Murray Cook, Yellow Wiggle Greg Page and Purple Wiggle Jeff Fatt have decided to hang up their trademark colored jerseys to a new generation of Wiggles starting in 2013. The Wiggles have entertained children throughout the world for over two decades and are bringing all the excitement and joy of their movies and television shows right before your eyes, live on stage! Come Celebrate with Anthony, Greg, Murray, and Jeff!
Someone asked on a Facebook group recently if it was “worth it” to splurge on a set of Wiggles tickets for her family, and I had to chime in with an enthusiastic yes. It’s been (eek!) seven years since we splurged for floor seats for our Wiggly fan Simon, and I still remember the experience as a joyfully fun family adventure.
And I’m delighted to be able to share the Wiggly experience with a lucky Ottawa family!
Would you like to win your own tickets? I have a set of four to give away for the 2:30 pm show on October 16. Please note this is a Tuesday, so please don’t enter if you aren’t sure you can attend!
- This is a giveaway for a set of four tickets to the Wiggles live show at Scotiabank Place on Tuesday October 16 at 2:30 pm.
- To enter the giveaway, simply leave a comment on this post telling me who you would take to the concert.
- Everyone who “likes” Postcards from the Mothership on Facebook will get a bonus entry. (This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook.) If you already like Postcards from the Mothership on FB, just say so in your comment.
- This giveaway is open only to Canadian residents, excluding residents of Quebec. (sorry!)
- This giveaway will run until 11:59 pm EDT on Monday October 8, 2012.
- One winner will be chosen at random from all comments posted.
- If you win, you must be willing to provide your full name and contact information to me to share with Scotiabank Place. You will need photo ID to pick up your tickets at Scotiabank Place the day of the show.
Here’s a little bit more information about the show:
Children can have even more wiggly fun while they wait for the show by visiting www.WiggleTime.com, The Wiggles’ very own virtual world created specifically for preschoolers and their parents. Parents can monitor their child’s progress and have access to premium promotional offers, contests, merchandise discounts and presale Wiggles tickets! You can also follow the gang on Twitter via Twitter.com/ItsWiggleTime or become a fan of the group’s official Facebook page Facebook.com/TheWiggles
The Wiggles are proud to announce that their Canadian charity partner for October 2012 is UNICEF, receiving 50 cents from every ticket sold. The Wiggles have a long history with UNICEF including being named Goodwill Ambassadors in 2008, donating a special “handwashing” song to UNICEF in honour of Global Handwashing Day, (annually October 15), and the production of their book Travelling the World for UNICEF, available at www.TheWiggles.com, and of which a portion of proceeds is donated to UNICEF.
There are still tickets available for both shows on October 16. Visit Capital Tickets for details!
Edited to add: Congratulations to our winner: Jill Moffatt. Jill, I’ll be in touch to arrange for your tickets. Thank you to everyone who entered, and to the Wiggles for providing the tickets to give away.
Related posts (automatically generated):
- Giveaway: Tickets to the Ottawa Originals Christmas Craft Show! Do you have all your holiday shopping done? Still looking for the perfect gift, or maybe filling in a few last-minute gaps? You’ll find a little something for everyone at the Ottawa Originals Christmas Craft Show, and I’ve got three pair of tickets to give away – but you’d better...
- Ottawa Home and Garden Show giveaway! It’s not every year one starts thinking about gardening in mid-March (okay, maybe some of you do, but I’m a late bloomer!) but now that we’ve leap-frogged over winter and early spring and landed in what feels more like May, it seems perfect timing to have the Ottawa Home and...
- Terrific giveaway for Ottawa families: GCTC tickets and the Playtime Program You’ve heard of the Great Canadian Theatre Company, right? They’ve been putting on great theatre in Ottawa for more than 35 years. The current performance, running now through October 2, is a musical called Amelia: The Girl Who Wants to Fly. From the description on the GCTC site: Be transported...
- Super fun family giveaway: The Harlem Globetrotters in Ottawa! You know I love Ottawa, and you know I love family fun, and you know I love to give stuff away to my awesome bloggy peeps. I really love it when all three of those things come together! How would you like to win a set of four tickets to...
- Family Fun Giveaway: Family pass to Kidsfest Ottawa! Have you heard about Kidsfest Ottawa? What’s Kidsfest? At Kidsfest Ottawa families will enjoy quality, family-fun entertainment including stage shows, interactive animal exhibits and opportunities to meet popular children’s characters, explore over 70 exhibitor booths providing a unique platform for parents to purchase products and services for their families, and...