We’re packing up the car again this weekend, heading down to visit family in southern Ontario. It’s been quite a while since our last road trip, and I cant’ wait to hit the road.
I don’t know whether car trips are getting easier now that the boys are getting older, or whether they’re just becoming better travellers, or whether I just stress less. Whatever it is, it’s working for me! I used to spend hours preparing for a car trip, gathering supplies like crayons, books, toys, and of course a good supply of DVDs. We’ll be hooking up the DVD player again, of course, and I’ll encourage the big boys to select a book or two, but I know most of the trip will be spent in electronically mediated bliss. The DS and the iTouch are charging as we speak!
Speaking of iTouch and iPhones, if you were at Blissdom Canada, you might have seen and even received one of these. Fisher-Price has just released a great new item, the Laugh and Learn Apptivity Case. If you’ve ever had drool-marks or goldfish smudges on your iPhone, you’ll love this one! From the Fisher-Price Canada site:
The Laugh & Learn™ Apptivity™ Case lets babies enjoy their very own apps while protecting mom or dad’s iPhone or iTouch! Simply place the Apple device into the case, twist the lock, and the electronic is protected from baby’s dribbles and drool. Download free Fisher-Price® Laugh & Learn™ apps from iTunes! Babies love to learn when their interactive touches control the action!
(Huh. I had no idea Fisher-Price had free downloadable apps.)
I love the idea of the Apptivity Case. It protects your iPhone/iTouch from sticky fingers, from being dropped, and from being lost. I have to tell you, even though Lucas is a little bit above the target age for this, I thought about keeping it just so I’d be able to find my phone more easily. I think I accidentally activated the invisibility shield app on mine, because I find myself calling the number every couple of days just so I can find the thing hiding out in the open or lost in the dark recesses of my purse.
But instead, I thought it would be fun to offer this up as a giveaway. Want it? You know you do! And wouldn’t it make a fun Christmas gift? Here’s how to enter:
- The prize a new Fisher-Price Apptivity Case.
- To enter, leave a comment on this post sharing an idea on how to keep kids entertained when you’re on the go — in the car, at a restaurant, waiting for an appointment.
- Contest opens today, November 10 and runs through Wednesday November 16, 2011 at noon EDT.
- One winner will be chosen via random.org and announced on this post by Thursday November 17, 2011.
- You must be willing to share your mailing address with me to receive the prize.
- Void where prohibited by law, including the province of Quebec.
(Disclosure: I am part of the Fisher-Price Play Panel and I receive special perks as part of my affiliation with this group. However, the opinions on this blog are entirely my own.)
Edited to add: Congratulations to Emily, lucky #1 and winner of the Apptivity Case. Thanks to everyone who played along!
Related posts (automatically generated):
- Baby belly laughs and a Fisher-Price contest I love the serendipity of how this worked out. Just about the time we found a cache of old video clips of the boys as babies and toddlers, my friends at Fisher-Price announced the launch of a new contest where you can share your favourite photos and videos of your...
- Now YOU get to give away the hottest Fisher-Price infant toy of 2014! One of the hottest new toys from Fisher-Price is the adorable Laugh and Learn Crawl Around Car. I heard it was so popular that they had wanted to share one with each of the Fisher Price Ambassadors but they kept running out before they could even send one to us!...
- A Spring into Summer giveaway from Fisher-Price! Late in the afternoon yesterday, after eight solid years days of rain and clouds, the sun came out, the temperatures shot up, and just like that, it felt like summer. Yay! Summer is my favourite season. Bring on the heat, the humidity, the bugs — just let me get out...
- Fisher-Price Favourites: Baby gear that endures the test of time and kids I’ve downloaded a fun little app for my iPhone called TimeHop. It sends me a little ping each day showing me things I’ve posted to the Web on this day in history, up to seven years ago. I’m loving it! I’m such a sucker for nostalgia – I think one...
- Fisher-Price covers the spectrum of play! Five is a funny age, especially when you have big brothers. You have one foot stretching two steps up the growing-up ladder, trying to keep up with your older brothers by playing video games and board games way more sophisticated than they did when they were five years old. And...