It’s no secret that I love Calypso Water Park. I went on a sneak-peek tour when they were getting ready to open it last year, and I blogged about our first visit last summer. We’ve since been two more times, including on Canada Day this year. This most recent visit was our best so far, because we arrived first thing in the morning and stayed almost until dinner time, and even Lucas, the ferociously fearless preschooler, went on some of the big slides with me!
Rest assured, neither Lucas nor any of us were brave enough to try out the newest addition to the park, the crazy 10-story Summit Tower. Yikes! We did enjoy the giant wave pool, though (apparently the biggest in North America), both the Pirate’s Cove and the toddler-sized Zoo Lagoon, and I think all five of us thought the best part of the whole day was the time we spent floating down the Jungle River Run.
So did you hear the latest Calypso news? MSN Travel has named Calypso as the best waterpark IN THE WORLD!!!! How awesome is that?
And how timely, because your Friday Family Fun post for today is offers you not only an idea for an excellent summer family adventure, but an awesome giveaway as well. Yes, my pretties, I have day passes to give away, thanks to the fine folks at Calypso!!
Here’s the deal:
- I have four sets of two day passes to Calypso to give away. I will give away ONE set of passes exclusively on Twitter, and THREE sets of passes here on the blog.
- You can enter on Twitter AND/OR on the blog, but you can only win one set of passes.
- The contest is open from right now through 9 pm EDT on Monday, July 18.
- The passes are only good for the 2011 season.
- To enter on the blog, leave a comment below offering a suggestion for family fun, preferably in Ottawa.
- To enter on Twitter, tweet “I want to win #Calypso Water Park passes from @DaniGirl at http://tinyurl.com/66znjt4 “
- Only your first comment and/or first tweet will be counted.
- Winners will be chosen via the random number generator at Random.org and announced Tuesday July 19.
- Day passes will be sent via snail mail as soon as the winner provides a mailing address or be made available for pick-up from me.
Sound good? Good luck!
Related posts (automatically generated):
- Calypso winners! Congratulations to our four winners, and thanks to all who played along. Courtesy of the random number generator, the lucky winners for blog comments are: Karen Rebecca Rachael and our Twitter winner is Shawna! Winners, check your e-mail for details. Thank you to everyone who left AMAZING ideas for enjoying...
- Family Fun Giveaway: Family pass to Kidsfest Ottawa! Have you heard about Kidsfest Ottawa? What’s Kidsfest? At Kidsfest Ottawa families will enjoy quality, family-fun entertainment including stage shows, interactive animal exhibits and opportunities to meet popular children’s characters, explore over 70 exhibitor booths providing a unique platform for parents to purchase products and services for their families, and...
- Friday Family Fun: Five places to get soaked Hooray, it’s summer vacation, and according to the forecast, the first week of summer vacation is going to be hot and steamy — just the way I like it! All summer long, I’m going to be posting suggestions for activities to keep families busy and happy. This week, I’ve got...
- Friday Family Fun: Movie night! And, a giveaway! Here’s a quick and simple idea for Friday Family Fun: pop some popcorn, find some sugary snacks and pop a movie into the player of your choice. Such a simple pleasure, and the boys LOVE it when we do this. It’s especially delicious if you’re willing to let them stay...
- Ottawa family fun GIVEAWAY! Hidden Life of Ants at the Nature Museum Can you tell it’s summer? The blog is all family fun all the time these days. And today, I get the opportunity to share the fun with YOU! Have you been to the Museum of Nature lately? I’ve always been fond of it, but it’s been a good couple of...