It’s no secret that I love Calypso Water Park. I went on a sneak-peek tour when they were getting ready to open it last year, and I blogged about our first visit last summer. We’ve since been two more times, including on Canada Day this year. This most recent visit was our best so far, because we arrived first thing in the morning and stayed almost until dinner time, and even Lucas, the ferociously fearless preschooler, went on some of the big slides with me!
Rest assured, neither Lucas nor any of us were brave enough to try out the newest addition to the park, the crazy 10-story Summit Tower. Yikes! We did enjoy the giant wave pool, though (apparently the biggest in North America), both the Pirate’s Cove and the toddler-sized Zoo Lagoon, and I think all five of us thought the best part of the whole day was the time we spent floating down the Jungle River Run.
So did you hear the latest Calypso news? MSN Travel has named Calypso as the best waterpark IN THE WORLD!!!! How awesome is that?
And how timely, because your Friday Family Fun post for today is offers you not only an idea for an excellent summer family adventure, but an awesome giveaway as well. Yes, my pretties, I have day passes to give away, thanks to the fine folks at Calypso!!
Here’s the deal:
- I have four sets of two day passes to Calypso to give away. I will give away ONE set of passes exclusively on Twitter, and THREE sets of passes here on the blog.
- You can enter on Twitter AND/OR on the blog, but you can only win one set of passes.
- The contest is open from right now through 9 pm EDT on Monday, July 18.
- The passes are only good for the 2011 season.
- To enter on the blog, leave a comment below offering a suggestion for family fun, preferably in Ottawa.
- To enter on Twitter, tweet “I want to win #Calypso Water Park passes from @DaniGirl at http://tinyurl.com/66znjt4 “
- Only your first comment and/or first tweet will be counted.
- Winners will be chosen via the random number generator at Random.org and announced Tuesday July 19.
- Day passes will be sent via snail mail as soon as the winner provides a mailing address or be made available for pick-up from me.
Sound good? Good luck!
Related posts (automatically generated):
- Calypso Water Park winners! Wow, it looks like a lot of people are as excited about the new Ottawa water park as I am! Thanks to all of you who entered, and for your comments on the sneak peek pictures. It looks like so much fun, doesn’t it? Congratulations to day pass winners Holly...
- Calypso winners! Congratulations to our four winners, and thanks to all who played along. Courtesy of the random number generator, the lucky winners for blog comments are: Karen Rebecca Rachael and our Twitter winner is Shawna! Winners, check your e-mail for details. Thank you to everyone who left AMAZING ideas for enjoying...
- Calypso water park sneak peek and giveaway!! Are you ready? Less than 50 days remain until Ottawa’s hottest summer ticket opens: the Calypso Water Park east of Ottawa near Limoges. We’ve been waiting (im)patiently for more than two years for this park to open — did you know it will be Canada’s largest water park? And on...
- Calypso Water Park one-word review: Wheeeeeeeeeeee! How do you earn yourself a million ‘cool parent’ points? Pull your kids from school on a Friday in mid-June, thumb your nose at the deteriorating weather forecast and predicted highs of a measly 22C, and head out with friends for a day at Calypso, Ottawa’s brand new waterslide park!!...
- Another guest post at Canadian Family, and another subscription to give away! Congratulations to Judy of Mother, Wife and More who won the first of five subscriptions to Canadian Family magazine that I have to give away this week. I really love what she wrote in her comment, too: The best tip anyone can get for photography is to remember not every...