After the gold medal hockey game, I didn’t think I could be more proud as a Canadian

by DaniGirl on March 12, 2010 · 12 comments

in Canadianisms

And then I watched this video.

Doesn’t it make your heart soar?

www.facebook.com/youngartistsforhaiti

1 Guillermo March 12, 2010 at 8:10 pm

Yeap… It feels good to be canadian.

2 Kerry March 12, 2010 at 8:34 pm

Oh man… you know you’re old when you watch this video and realize how few people you recognize. I got Nelly Furtado, K’naan (that was a gimme, since it’s his song), the guy from Blue Rodeo, the guy from Sum 41, the other guy from Simple Plan, Avril Lavigne, the guy from Hedley, Tom Cochrane, Jully Black, the guy who had that big rap hit last year that I hated, Justin Bieber, the chick with the stars tattooed behind her ear, one of the ones from Cdn Idol (I think – or it was the I Believe chick – they look alike to me) and that was about it. Who were the other 30 people?

3 Pam March 12, 2010 at 8:54 pm

Beautiful. I hadn’t had a chance to see this video yet. Thanks for sharing.

4 Los Ziegler March 13, 2010 at 1:12 am

Esas pequeñas cosas que hacen sentir bien el ser canadiense http://bit.ly/9igzDj

5 Theresa Woolridge March 13, 2010 at 1:37 am

Love it! RT @DaniGirl: Just posted Wavin' Flag video & downloaded from iTunes. Love it!! http://tinyurl.com/yh4hlg7 #youngcanadiansforhaiti

6 Los Ziegler March 13, 2010 at 1:57 am

Aqui el tweet original RT @DaniGirl: Just posted the Wavin' Flag video and downloaded from iTunes. Love it!! http://tinyurl.com/yh4hlg7

7 kate March 13, 2010 at 6:28 am

But, that’s the world cup song. That’s just confusing, bad marketing.

(Ha ha captcha is objector at)

8 Lynne March 13, 2010 at 8:46 am

Hi, I thought I would stop and say hello as I arrived here from following a link that led me to your posts in 2005 when you were writing about your visit to Germany. I so enjoyed reading those two posts, mainly I suppose because we are currently living about 4 miles from Bernkastel Kues. At the time of writing you were experiencing lovely warm weather. We’re just waiting for it to warm up here, so it was nice to read. We arrived here in September when it was very hot.
I’ve enjoyed visiting you and I see you were part of project 365 which I was considering joining, but I’m not sure I could sustain it.
All the best.

9 Lee March 13, 2010 at 9:25 am

Kerry, you probably also picked up on Nikki Yanofsky, the “I believe” (in poor grammar) girl from the Olympics.

10 colleen March 13, 2010 at 12:08 pm

Goosebumps……really is Tom Cochrane a “young” musician?

11 Nat March 14, 2010 at 9:09 pm

Good on them for doing something. Made me feel old that I had to ask The Boy who half these people were.)

(However, the Cynic in me mutters something about F*cked Up using the Polaris Prize money to record Do They Know It’s Christmas for five lesser known, and equally worthy Canadian charities.)

12 Jill March 16, 2010 at 5:49 pm

I was proud too, am even more so now.
Thanks so much for sharing. Never seen it before.

Jill