Some coffee with your sugar?

by DaniGirl on April 17, 2009 · 7 comments

in Life, the Universe and Everything

Oh my — I just stood behind someone at Tim’s who ordered a medium coffee with three cream and five (FIVE!) sugars. Can you even disolve that much sugar in a medium coffee? Wouldn’t it have the viscosity of fudge? (I’m horrified by the idea of even one sugar in my coffee, so maybe I shouldn’t judge!)

1 J. April 17, 2009 at 2:19 pm

I’ve seen someone do the three cream, five sweetners.. yuck!

2 suze April 17, 2009 at 2:29 pm

As someone who believes coffee should be drunk black, no sugar (or as espresso in frothy milk), this would be unfathomable to me, except that my husband loves his coffee sweet and creamy. Although, I’m pretty sure he’s just a triple, triple person… 😉

(as an aside – on one of our first dates I watched wide-mouthed as he put spoonful after spoonful of sugar into his coffee and then stood the spoon straight up in the mug. I was convinced that he’d turned his coffee to fudge, until he taught me the trick to keeping a spoon balanced upright in my black, untouched coffee…)

3 Shannon April 17, 2009 at 9:23 pm

Oh my heck! Ewww!

4 Amy @ Muddy Boots April 18, 2009 at 10:28 am

Cheers for use of the word “viscosity”.

5 Mac and Cheese April 18, 2009 at 12:36 pm

When I was in grade 6, I had the job of going to the staff room just before recess to make the coffee and tea for the teachers. Wanting to be a rebel, I used to help myself to coffee along with enough sugar to induce a diabetic shock. I can confirm that one can disolve maybe 10 spoons of sugar in a very small coffee. Extra sweet coffee always reminds me of that time.

6 mapsgirl April 20, 2009 at 8:06 am

5?? Eeewww! I’m a “double double with milk” girl.

5 would be gross. Especially if the Timmy staff where you are is like ours and never stirs it enough.

7 Theresa April 20, 2009 at 11:21 pm

Ohhhh bleh!! I experienced my first swig of a triple-triple today…and I can confirm that it tastes exactly like the over-sweet sledge left at the bottom of the double double….uck!!

Did this baby pass of thing…and then grabbed my friends coffee so she could rescue her fallen child….and went brain dead….saw coffee in hand…took a sip….ooooohhh man what a mouthful!!! We all had a good laugh! Then SHE screwed up her face when she got to the over-sweet bottom of her triple-triple….so I DO believe five would have to be very extreme!!