In which my four year old observes the wonders of human anatomy

by DaniGirl on February 15, 2008 · 8 comments

in Ah, me boys, Baby days

I was walking around the house after my shower without my shirt or bra on, giving my poor beleagured bits some fresh air to help them heal. (It’s getting better, but still not great. Lucas is spitting up a bit of my blood when he nurses on one side, which has happened with all three boys and yet never fails to completely freak me out, but I also think it’s less painful and that his latch is improving.)

Simon, who has seen me naked plenty of times, took a long look at me and said something I didn’t quite catch. I asked him to say it again and he said, brightly, “Double!” I was just puzzling over what he meant, as he was obviously looking at my chest, when he asked with a tone of amazed curiousity, “Baby can eat from TWO sides?”

Yes, the human body is an amazing machine indeed.

1 Barbara February 15, 2008 at 9:30 am

Speaking of wonder… I, myself, was amazed that the milk came from more than one hole in the nipple. I “discovered” this when I first expressed milk just to see if it were there a bit before Reid was born. I was raised on a farm, had milked cows and have sisters who nursed. I guess I never looked all that closely.

2 Marla February 15, 2008 at 12:10 pm

Thanks for the visual. I think.

3 Shauna February 15, 2008 at 3:04 pm

eeeesh. I remember well the bleeding. Ug. I feel for you.

4 Mom On The Run February 15, 2008 at 3:19 pm

LMAO – that’s too funny! Kids say the darndest things.

5 Cait February 15, 2008 at 3:25 pm

Wait just a minute! Milk comes from more than one hole in the nipple? Nipples have more than one hole????
Will this whole baby thing never stop freaking me out????

And my captcha is “champagne suc”, so I’m guessing Lucas likes it no matter what!

6 Javamom February 16, 2008 at 8:52 am

Ha!

Have some chocolate. I promise it’ll make you feel better.

7 Deanna February 16, 2008 at 10:04 am

too funny! It’s okay since he’s a kid…I mean since you were the subject of the humor….

8 Lindsay February 17, 2008 at 5:37 pm

The wonders of the mommy milking machine. My four year old sadly looked at his little nipples yesterday and said “I wish they were bigger like yours so I could feed Tristan!”. Forget penis envy, he’s channelling an eleven year old girl.