In which I give up my last morsel of dignity in exchange for blog fodder

by DaniGirl on February 6, 2008 · 25 comments

in Postcards from my uterus

Okay, I admit it: it’s been fun dragging y’all along on this crazy ride with us. While I tend to never do things the easy way, I had no idea there would be this much suspense and drama in awaiting the arrival of the player to be named later — and you’re right, I’ve been milking it for all it’s worth!

But suddenly, I’m thinking that maybe I’ve been a little bit too forthcoming with every excruciating little detail. Maybe there is such a thing as “too much information” after all. You are all dying of curiousity, I know, and I find myself in the unenviable position of having to admit to the Internets that apparently, um, er, well, I just peed my pants last night after all. No amniotic fluid. No water breaking. No pending labour. Oh, the indignity of it all.

So now we know one thing at least: apparently there is no level to which I won’t stoop for good blog fodder. That, and this is one stubborn baby.

1 Kerry February 6, 2008 at 6:03 pm

That’s alright. I told a whole plane that I peed myself (just a little) during our exceptionally rough flight and landing today. That’s just how happy I was to be alive.

2 Madeleine February 6, 2008 at 7:07 pm

Oh, Dani. We love you. I hope you sleep soundly tonight.

3 Marla February 6, 2008 at 7:32 pm

Well, I peed my pants laughing at this. Does that help?

4 cinnamon gurl February 6, 2008 at 7:49 pm

I didn’t pee my pants but I laughed A LOT and from my perspective it’s totally worth it! ๐Ÿ˜‰

captcha: the communique

until my browser went wonky and not it says

tensified 2:30

So I predict TPTBNL arrives tomorrow morning at 2:30… or at least you go to hospital at 2:30?

5 DaniGirl February 6, 2008 at 7:53 pm

Why yes, Marla, matter of fact – somehow it does!

Sin, I’ve given up on a daylight labour, so that works for me!

6 Veronica Mitchell February 6, 2008 at 8:00 pm

With my first baby, my water did break and I thought I was just peeing my pants. Again.

So no blame here.

captcha=Simonson ribbon

7 Anonymous February 6, 2008 at 8:42 pm

I am glad you gave up your dignity though. I was dying to know. Now you can stay up and watch my new obsession, Cashmere Mafia.

captcha= carefully Mr

8 Chris (Mombie) February 6, 2008 at 8:45 pm

With that giant baby sitting on your bladder, it’s a wonder there isn’t a continuous stream.

Keep on keepin’ on (like you have any other choice!).

captcha : comforting and

Clearly we are all being comforting, and yet not at all helpful. ๐Ÿ˜›

9 Tricia February 6, 2008 at 8:45 pm

You are cracking me up! First the cat falls in the toilet — that’s enough to make me laugh out loud — and now peeing your pants. It’s great that you’ve got such a sense of humour while you wait. I have no predictions but wish you well! All in good time. My second was born at 42w1d — ultrasounds every second day after 41 weeks and since all was well and I wanted to avoid induction like mad my OB held off. Finally all it took was breaking my water to get things moving. Good job waiting so well!

10 Casey February 6, 2008 at 8:50 pm

You crack me up, Dani.

And my captcha is Winter 2020. This does not bode well.

11 Karen MEG February 6, 2008 at 8:51 pm

babywatching …it’s never been so suspenseful!
Wet the bed both times with my water. Hope the next time it’s not pee!

12 nancy February 6, 2008 at 8:53 pm

Did you just really tell the ENTIRE PLANET that you peed your pants??

13 Janet February 6, 2008 at 9:08 pm

When I was pregnant I peed myself more times than I can count. Every time I coughed or sneezed I had an “oh oh” moment. It didn’t seem to matter how often I did those Kegel exercises. Congratulations on making it as far as you did without wetting your pants!

14 Karen February 6, 2008 at 9:15 pm

That’s just too funny. Keep the fodder coming because it’s keeping me entertained! As annoying as it all is for you of course.

Captcha: introducing Raska

Ooh, maybe that’s a sign for a name?

15 Sue February 6, 2008 at 9:34 pm

No worries Dani, those oops moments will come again some day and you won’t even have a baby to blame. Ya. This whole aging thing isn’t all it’s cut out for. TMI? Why yes, Sue…go check out the captcha….

16 alison February 6, 2008 at 10:06 pm

At least you didn’t pee on the carpet in the public library. Yet.

captcha: polite Department

Maybe posts about pee are pissing off the Polite Department. Sorry. Couldn’t resist.

17 Liz February 6, 2008 at 10:25 pm

That’s why I carried extra pants with me during the whole last month of pregnancy with MM. Which is why I had dry pants to change into when my water DID break. YAY ME!

Sorry, though, that it means that TBTBNL isn’t here yet.

Captcha = “Corporate Club”

18 jo(e) February 6, 2008 at 10:44 pm

Okay, every single time a new post comes up in bloglines, I say, “This is it! She’s finally had that baby!” I am beginning to think this is all just a conspiracy to up your traffic.

HURRY UP BABY!

19 snackmommy February 6, 2008 at 11:30 pm

OK, I’m trying to think of something supportive to say, but I’m giggling so hard, I think I’ll just sign off and do some kegals.

Thank you for starting and ending my day with a smile.

20 Rebecca February 7, 2008 at 8:10 am

Giggling here too! If you’ve had a baby, you’ve had an oops moment. Course I didn’t tell the whole internet…. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Will continue obsessively checking for updates. C’mon Player!! We’re all so excited to “meet” you!

(Captcha: in Canadians)

21 Kathryn February 7, 2008 at 9:38 am

Hehehe.
Oh, but we love you for it!

22 trixie February 7, 2008 at 9:43 am

Seriously… WHERE is this baby?! Right: he’s on your bladder. .. the better question is WHEN is this baby!? Oh, the waaaaiiittttiinnnnggg…

23 BeachMama February 7, 2008 at 10:07 am

I feel for you Dani, I so feel for you. I hope this baby is coming as I type this, or at the very least you are on your way.

24 Saskboy February 6, 2009 at 10:47 am

On the bright side[?] you probably get more interesting google visitors like I do from this: