Yay day – the birthday edition

by DaniGirl on August 1, 2007 · 46 comments

in yay day

I have a lot to be grateful for as I look ahead to my birthday tomorrow. (Shameful how I gratuitously troll for your birthday wishes, isn’t it? It’s the Leo in me.)

We’re on our way home after a nearly perfect summer extended weekend away. Details will follow, but it included endless hot, sunny weather; a cottage tucked into a perfect little campground; my brother’s family; a pilgrimmage / day trip to my very favourite summertime place; and a baboon sitting on the passenger-side mirror of the car begging for Ritz crackers. No, really!

So today, I’m happy for family, for boys who are road-trip tolerant, for weekend getaways, for perfect summer weather, for people who love me and whom I love in return, for a life so full of joy it exceeds whatever wildest hope I might have had for it when I was growing up. It’s the best birthday gift a girl could ever want.

And you? What are you celebrating today?

1 bubandpie August 1, 2007 at 2:41 am

African Lion Safari!!! (dum dum dum, dum dum dum, dum dum dum da dada dum dum dum!)
We may have been dipping in the same lake this weekend – I was in Ipperwash Saturday and Sunday.

2 bubandpie August 1, 2007 at 2:41 am

3 Sue August 1, 2007 at 3:53 am

Happy Birthday tomorrow Dani!!!!

4 Sue August 1, 2007 at 3:53 am

Happy Birthday tomorrow Dani!!!!

5 mrsgryphon August 1, 2007 at 6:08 am

Happy Birthday, Dani šŸ™‚
I’m celebrating being able to run 5km and actually ENJOY it! This is a big thing for me.
(and now I’ve got the African Lion Safari theme song stuck in my head… does anyone else remember the commercial where the elephants were all panicked – “the people are coming, the people are coming… and we’re still in the tub”! No? That’s just me? Okay, then….)

6 mrsgryphon August 1, 2007 at 6:08 am

Happy Birthday, Dani šŸ™‚

7 Barb August 1, 2007 at 12:32 pm

Have a wonderful birthday Dani!
Awesome wishes for the year to come!!!
Hugs
Barb

8 Barb August 1, 2007 at 12:32 pm

Have a wonderful birthday Dani!
Awesome wishes for the year to come!!!
Hugs
Barb

9 BeachMama August 1, 2007 at 1:00 pm

Happy Birthday Dani! Wishing you a wonderful day filled with happiness and family. And a wonderful year to follow.

10 BeachMama August 1, 2007 at 1:00 pm

11 kgirl August 1, 2007 at 1:32 pm

yay! Happy birthday to you!
I am celebrating a day that started with an awesome cuddle from a squishy, sleepy two-year old.

12 kgirl August 1, 2007 at 1:32 pm

yay! Happy birthday to you!

13 alison August 1, 2007 at 1:34 pm

Happy Birthday Dani! I’m happy that my mom is up visiting. My girls are having a great time with their Nana.

14 alison August 1, 2007 at 1:34 pm

15 Mom August 1, 2007 at 3:05 pm

Happy Birthday Sweetheart – you are loved by a lot of people but not as much as you are loved by me.

16 Mom August 1, 2007 at 3:05 pm

17 Roz August 1, 2007 at 4:10 pm

Happy Birthday!
I’m celebrating my new house and all the joys of organizing and nesting that come with it šŸ™‚

18 Roz August 1, 2007 at 4:10 pm

Happy Birthday!

19 Ingrid August 1, 2007 at 4:31 pm

Happy Birthday! And congratulations to your mom and dad on the birthday of their daughter (Dutch tradition to congratulate all the family members).
Hope your day is great!

20 Ingrid August 1, 2007 at 4:31 pm

Hope your day is great!

21 Anonymous August 1, 2007 at 6:40 pm

Happy Birthday, hope it’s an awesome year for you! I’m celebrating the safe and happy return home from Florida. I’m celebrating the fact that my 2 year old (HE IS 2 TODAY!!!)did amazingly well on the airplane, loved the ocean and the sand and the pools at our resort and slept through the night and took his naps on schedule. Yay for a great first trip for him, and lots of happy memories. Now I have to go bake a cake and figure out how to make the icing blue, since he requested a blue cake! šŸ˜‰

22 Anonymous August 1, 2007 at 6:40 pm

23 Loukia August 1, 2007 at 6:41 pm

Oops, didn’t mean to leave an anonymous comment – it’s me, Loukia.

24 Loukia August 1, 2007 at 6:41 pm

Oops, didn’t mean to leave an anonymous comment – it’s me, Loukia.

25 colleen ceb August 1, 2007 at 9:25 pm

Happy Birthday, Dani! I really missed your blog…actually suffered severe withdrawal.Please do not go away again..just kidding.

26 colleen ceb August 1, 2007 at 9:25 pm

27 Sue August 1, 2007 at 9:27 pm

Have a really wonderful Birthday tomorrow.

28 Sue August 1, 2007 at 9:27 pm

Have a really wonderful Birthday tomorrow.

29 Kerry August 1, 2007 at 10:08 pm

Happy Birthday, Dani! I’m celebrating your birthday, yeah, that’s it!
Seriously though, I had a kickass (or so I think) job interview today and I’m celebrating that! Get ready to do references for me!

30 Kerry August 1, 2007 at 10:08 pm

Happy Birthday, Dani! I’m celebrating your birthday, yeah, that’s it!

31 Kate August 1, 2007 at 10:48 pm

Happy birthday, Dani!
My yay is that potty training seems to be really over–in that it’s been several weeks since an accident and several weeks since a daytime diaper. After all the hair-tearing prior to, it’s been pretty seamless (except for the crying/fear of poop). We even managed long car trips–a lot of stops, but no need to wash the car seat cover!
My other yay is that my little one (15 mos) has suddenly shown an interest in all the signing that we’ve been doing with him for months on end and is coming out with a new one almost every day. It is so cute. šŸ™‚

32 Kate August 1, 2007 at 10:48 pm

Happy birthday, Dani!

33 Trixie August 1, 2007 at 11:57 pm

Happy, happy, happy birthday! I’d have got my wishes in sooner, but TPTB have nixed at-work blog access. It’s killin’ me to go postcard-less in the A.M. (weep…)
There’s a buttercup (or craving of the day treat) with your name on it in celebration of the Big Day. Ring me up when you’re back in the building šŸ™‚ So happy to hear your vacation was a dream!

34 Trixie August 1, 2007 at 11:57 pm

35 Miche August 2, 2007 at 12:00 am

Hope you have an awesome birthday Dani!
(And me? I’m celebrating that weeMiche has overcome her fear of the shower at the swimming pool!!!)

36 Miche August 2, 2007 at 12:00 am

Hope you have an awesome birthday Dani!

37 jo(e) August 2, 2007 at 12:53 am

Happy Birthday!

38 jo(e) August 2, 2007 at 12:53 am

Happy Birthday!

39 Phantom Scribbler August 2, 2007 at 3:21 am

Happy, happy birthday, Dani!

40 Phantom Scribbler August 2, 2007 at 3:21 am

Happy, happy birthday, Dani!

41 twinmomplusone August 2, 2007 at 4:41 am

Happy birthday dani and all my most heartfelt wishes for lots of good stuff in the coming year šŸ˜‰
I’m celebrating my twins riding with 2 wheels, my pre-teen being in a great mood and just loving the dog days of summer!!!

42 twinmomplusone August 2, 2007 at 4:41 am

43 Renee August 2, 2007 at 9:28 pm

Happy, happy birthday, Dani! Sorry it’s one day late.

44 Renee August 2, 2007 at 9:28 pm

Happy, happy birthday, Dani! Sorry it’s one day late.

45 helene August 3, 2007 at 2:13 am