Leftovers and half-thoughts

by DaniGirl on February 20, 2006 · 20 comments

Home with a barfy preschooler today, and on about four hours sleep I’m not sure I have much to say today.

Nancy asked how the overnight stay with Granny and Papa Lou went – it was great! I knew Tristan would have a good time, but I had been a little worried about how Simon would take being left behind. A few times he asked, “Where’s Tristan?” and we just told him Tristan was “visiting” without getting into any specifics. He just shrugged and continued to enjoy being the centre of the universe.

I’m about to try to send Simon to daycare without Tristan. I’m not sure how that one will work out either, but if I have any hope of getting work done from home today – and I really need to do some – it will be a lot easier wrangling just one of them. I really don’t know how work-from-home moms do it!

1 SilverCreek Mom February 20, 2006 at 2:05 pm

Glad Tristan had a great time. I hope he gets better soon and you get some work done.
Hugs
Sharon

2 SilverCreek Mom February 20, 2006 at 2:05 pm

Hugs
Sharon

3 Suzanne February 20, 2006 at 2:21 pm

Hope he’s feeling better soon! Good luck trying to get some work done (don’t look to me for advice — I am rarely able to do any work while the kids are awake).

4 Suzanne February 20, 2006 at 2:21 pm

5 nancy February 20, 2006 at 3:39 pm

Oh yuck – poor Tristan and poor Mommy. I hope he rests and gets better quick. Glad the sleepover was a success!

6 nancy February 20, 2006 at 3:39 pm

7 twinmomplusone February 20, 2006 at 3:44 pm

Where Tristan and my baby girl in cahoots (sp?) last night? She had a barfy episode at 4 a..m. after which I couldn’t fall asleep ๐Ÿ™ but she seemed better this morning and off to pre-schoool she went.
Glad to hear the sleep-over went well. I think its good to get them to do things on their own once in a while. I try to do that with the twins whenever I can.
Hope you get some work done today

8 twinmomplusone February 20, 2006 at 3:44 pm

Hope you get some work done today

9 Renee February 20, 2006 at 4:20 pm

Hope he feels better soon.
I’m so behind on reading these posts . .

10 Renee February 20, 2006 at 4:20 pm

Hope he feels better soon.
I’m so behind on reading these posts . .

11 Phantom Scribbler February 20, 2006 at 4:43 pm

Oy. I hope Tristan feels better soon, and you manage to sneak a nap into your work-from-home day.
On a positive note, check your email in a few moments for a picture of a certain small boy showing off his new ability to pass for Canadian. Thanks, Dani! You rock!

12 Phantom Scribbler February 20, 2006 at 4:43 pm

13 Kate February 20, 2006 at 4:51 pm

yikes. Just try to hang in there until naptime!

14 Kate February 20, 2006 at 4:51 pm

yikes. Just try to hang in there until naptime!

15 Jen February 21, 2006 at 1:40 am

Hope everyone’s on the mend.

16 Jen February 21, 2006 at 1:40 am

Hope everyone’s on the mend.

17 kris February 21, 2006 at 2:24 am

Poor guy. Hope he’s feeling better soon.

18 kris February 21, 2006 at 2:24 am

Poor guy. Hope he’s feeling better soon.

19 Danigirl February 21, 2006 at 1:33 pm

So far so good, as we head into 24 hours relatively free of barf. Hooray! And Simon did amazingly at daycare without Tristan – never even looked back. I guess I’ve been underestimating him.
And I even managed to get enough work done that my guilt-o-meter was dialed down to a low hum.
Thanks for all your well-wishes!
xo Dani

20 Danigirl February 21, 2006 at 1:33 pm

Thanks for all your well-wishes!
xo Dani