One of those days

by DaniGirl on February 4, 2006 · 14 comments

So far today, my darling first-born son has:

– refused to eat the lunch his uncle cooked while we visited his cousin for a playdate;

– wiggled, wriggled and tipped over backwards in his chair at the same lunch, breaking the chair in the process;

– said he thought I should go away;

– refused to eat the dinner I cooked, or even try a single bite;

– said he didn’t like his little brother; and,

– made such a general pest of himself that I am now hiding in the computer rather than deal with it.

It’s just a phase, right? RIGHT?!

Sigh…

But PS – I had a blast at the party yesterday!! Thanks to all who played along!

1 Delicious N. Fresh February 5, 2006 at 4:27 am

We had a VERY similar day with twin B…better check your moon cycle or star (mis)alignment or something.
I can only hope along side you that it is only a phase, but not sure just how accurate my 10 day rule will fit with this one.
Mothers to stubborn preschoolers UNITE!!

2 Delicious N. Fresh February 5, 2006 at 4:27 am

Mothers to stubborn preschoolers UNITE!!

3 nancy February 5, 2006 at 4:27 am

guess it’s time to change my name back to uniting mother and not pimp

4 nancy February 5, 2006 at 4:27 am

guess it’s time to change my name back to uniting mother and not pimp

5 alliemom February 5, 2006 at 12:26 pm

Hate to be the bearer of bad news but it’s probably gonna get worse before it gets better!!:)
Four is a veeeeeeery interesting age. Best of luck to you!! LOL!
Ann, mother to a 4 yr old Diva

6 alliemom February 5, 2006 at 12:26 pm

Four is a veeeeeeery interesting age. Best of luck to you!! LOL!
Ann, mother to a 4 yr old Diva

7 alliemom February 5, 2006 at 12:27 pm

Sorry to have missed the party ๐Ÿ™

8 alliemom February 5, 2006 at 12:27 pm

Sorry to have missed the party ๐Ÿ™

9 kris February 5, 2006 at 8:36 pm

Sorry I couldn’t make the party, either–and I’m sorry I can’t offer you anything but commiseration–last night was a rough one in our house, too. My eldest has taken to knocking the baby down as he’s trying to pull himself up. And then 2 minutes later he’s calling the little one “my bootiful baby”. I don’t get it at all.

10 kris February 5, 2006 at 8:36 pm

11 SilverCreek Mom February 6, 2006 at 12:22 am

SIGH Yes Dani…As a mother to a monster preschooler it does get better but only after you ahve disowned the child 650 times in the next 2 years. I even asked for help awhile back and it seems to be working. I hope it keeps up.

12 SilverCreek Mom February 6, 2006 at 12:22 am

13 twinmomplusone February 6, 2006 at 2:30 am

your description could have been that of my 11 year old as of late!! argghh, am getting extra grey hair by the minute
yes, its a phase Dani, remember, just ride the wave