Hello Moto

by DaniGirl on March 24, 2007 · 25 comments

in Life, the Universe and Everything

As I mentioned a while ago, we got a new Moto KRZR phone recently. I like it a lot more than the Nokia 6682, even though it has less stuff on it. (Yes, “stuff.” I’m so techno-ignorant it’s a wonder I can figure out the blog some days.)

One thing I do prefer on the Nokia is the “nostalgic” ring tone that sounds just like an old fashioned bell ringer from the 1970s. I know, I can probably download one from somewhere, but that involves the intersection of the time and the inclination to do so, and that conjunction hasn’t yet occured.

In the meanwhile, it’s got the default ringer on it, which is a man’s voice – in a tone described as Beloved as ‘flamboyantly robotic’ – that says, “Hello, Moto!” followed by some really bad funky music. It’s pure fromage.

The week we got the phone, Beloved was home alone one day. He was in the bathroom, pinching a loaf. (I debated between metaphors for a long time, I’ll have you know. I’m sure he’ll be overjoyed to read this level of detail goes into the blog.) As I said, the house was completely still and empty when the cell phone rang. Well, it didn’t exactly ring. First, a ‘flamboyantly robotic’ voice called out from the kitchen, “Hello, Moto!” and then some really bad funky music started.

Beloved was, to say the least, alarmed.

I’m sure this is exactly the kind of quality post the KRZR PR folks had in mind when they gave me the shiny, pretty phone.

1 Marla March 25, 2007 at 3:36 am

I have that phone, and hate EVERY ring tone. I’ve had it since Christmas, and have yet to get it together to find a better ring tone.
So, um, if you do find a good place to get one quickly and easily – let us know, okay?

2 Marla March 25, 2007 at 3:36 am

3 Marla March 25, 2007 at 3:36 am

4 Marla March 25, 2007 at 3:36 am

5 Mad Hatter March 25, 2007 at 1:31 pm

Hi Dani,
I answered your questions over at my place.

6 Mad Hatter March 25, 2007 at 1:31 pm

Hi Dani,
I answered your questions over at my place.

7 Mad Hatter March 25, 2007 at 1:31 pm

Hi Dani,
I answered your questions over at my place.

8 Mad Hatter March 25, 2007 at 1:31 pm

Hi Dani,
I answered your questions over at my place.

9 Sayre March 25, 2007 at 1:36 pm

Okay, I laughed out loud at this, imagining a peaceful poop interrupted by “HELLO, MOTO!!!!” Must have freaked him out something awful!
And funny you should talk about ring-tones…. I got an email the other day from some company that’s selling fart sounds as ringtones. I kid you not. “Oh, excuse me… your purse seems to be… farting.” Can you imagine?

10 Sayre March 25, 2007 at 1:36 pm

11 Sayre March 25, 2007 at 1:36 pm

12 Sayre March 25, 2007 at 1:36 pm

13 Rebecca March 25, 2007 at 6:02 pm

That thingy was on a Motorola advert over here for ages and ages a few years back, and I worked in a nursery where a small girl kept saying ‘HELLO MOTO!’ just like it, very freaky. Although not as freaky as the child who yelled ‘THPIDERMAAAAAN!’ every two seconds.

14 Rebecca March 25, 2007 at 6:02 pm

15 Rebecca March 25, 2007 at 6:02 pm

16 Rebecca March 25, 2007 at 6:02 pm

17 Brendan March 26, 2007 at 4:22 pm

Hey Dani… you shouldn’t have to look any further than your service provider for some alternative ring tones… But, man, I’m feeling that I really should apologize to your beloved for unleashing such “revelations”. I’m nervous what you might do once you start playing with the video camera!

18 Brendan March 26, 2007 at 4:22 pm

19 Brendan March 26, 2007 at 4:22 pm

20 Brendan March 26, 2007 at 4:22 pm

21 Jen March 27, 2007 at 3:28 am

Oh I have one of those things too (albeit an old one my hubby cast off). I have tried to find normal rings and wallpaper but have not. It’s sort of annoying.

22 Jen March 27, 2007 at 3:28 am