Hey Internet…

by DaniGirl on November 19, 2005 · 11 comments

Can anybody tell me how to remove the grey border from around my banner? I’ve been tinkering with it on and off for months, and haven’t figured it out yet.

I’m going to put the CSS data in the post for you to see, but I don’t want to clutter up the blog with it, so click on the more button if you can help.

I figured out how to plunk the banner in there, but I didn’t change too much from the original template, so I think that’s what’s making the border. All I have for the actual banner itself is a div tag, the link and the image source. Here’s the CSS for the header:

/* Header

max-width:700px;

font:78%/1.4em “Trebuchet MS”,Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif;

text-transform:uppercase;

letter-spacing:.2em;

color:#999;

}

Any help greatly appreciated!!

1 Nancy November 19, 2005 at 10:09 pm

I’ve only played with CSS a couple of times, but could it be either in the Header or Blog-Title section where you have “border:1px”? Have you tried changing it to “border:0px”? (I tried to figure out which section you’d need to change, but couldn’t — sorry)
Hope this helps!

2 suze November 19, 2005 at 10:42 pm

hey dani,
i just finally figured it out on my blog! anywhere you see border in the css code change the 1s to 0s. ALL OF THEM. at least that’s what i did. and no more grey box!!!
good luck.

3 DaniGirl November 19, 2005 at 11:30 pm

Duh! I’m sure I tried that, really I am. Oh well, whatever, it worked!!! You girls are brilliant – thank you thank you thank you!
Suze, snazzy new blog design!! I’m so jealous!! Nicely done!
Nancy, your girls are gorgeous!
xo Dani – with endless gratitude for the very clever people who play in the comment box

4 suze November 19, 2005 at 11:57 pm

yay! it worked.
and *blush* thanks. i’m fond of the redesign, even if it is a bit early for the season…

5 Nancy November 20, 2005 at 1:15 am

Glad it worked — looks nice!
Thanks for the compliment about my girls. The baby’s for sale if you’re interested. 😉

6 DaniGirl November 20, 2005 at 1:26 am

Nancy, I’m jonesing for a girl – be careful what you offer or I might just have to take you up on that. (Just don’t tell Beloved, okay? I’ll hide her in my closet for a day or so and when he asks where she came from, I’ll just say, “What, that old thing? I’ve had her for months.”)
xo Dani

7 Nancy November 20, 2005 at 12:04 pm

I’d like to test-drive a boy — maybe we could arrange a swap?

8 nancy November 20, 2005 at 3:02 pm

I’ll up you TWO boys for one girl.
You ladies are hilarious!!

9 DaniGirl November 21, 2005 at 12:59 am

Nancy(1): deal!! I’ll even let you choose between the blue-eyed dreamer and the brown-eyed dancer!
Nancy(2): back off, wench! I don’t care how adorable your boys are, I found this deal first!

10 Nancy November 21, 2005 at 1:04 am

Hmmm…. this is getting to look like quite the lucrative possibility!

11 Dani November 21, 2005 at 1:44 am

Enjoy! I love tinkering with HTML and CSS. It’s come in helpful when working on my own sites.
Looks like you figured it out. Good luck with future projects.