The cutest pirate on the seven seas

by DaniGirl on July 24, 2006 · 18 comments

I’m either really late for last Halloween, or really early for the next one. But, despite that, is he not the most adorable pirate ever?

Johnny Depp’s got nothing on Tristan the Pirate!!

Tristan was invited to a costume birthday party yesterday, and I was in a bit of a panic as to what costume he could possibly use for a party in July. All our Halloween costumes have been carefully chosen for blustery October evenings with a decent chance of snow – the more fur, the better!

I’m rather proud of this costume, because although I fancy myself on the creative side, I’m not good with imagination stuff like this. The T-shirt is from his drawer, and the track pants were about to be sacraficed to the god of torn out knees anyway. The inflatable sword came from a Happy Meal box, as did the eyepatch not showing in this picture. The only thing I bought was a 97 cent bandana and 89 cents worth of red satin fabric, both courtesy of WalMart. Add a curlicue of moustache thanks to Clinique bonus leftovers and his own rubber boots. Voila – instant pirate!

More important than anything, though, was the fact that he loved it. He was the proudest pirate you ever would meet, and we practised his “Aarghh!” the whole 30 minute drive to the party and back again.

***

Posting may get a little sporadic, not to mention lightweight, over the next two weeks. I’m on vacation! Hooray! Turns out my vacation perfectly coincides with the two week wait, through no actually planning on my part – I couldn’t have made it work out better if I tried.

Are we there yet?

1 Miche July 25, 2006 at 1:41 pm

Hope you get to treat yourself to some wonderful R&R on your holiday!

2 Miche July 25, 2006 at 1:41 pm

Hope you get to treat yourself to some wonderful R&R on your holiday!

3 Sayre July 25, 2006 at 3:08 pm

Oh, how cute! And what a great idea – a costume birthday party!
My favorite dress-up is as Santa. I go the whole nine yards, beard and everything. Look just like the dude until I open my mouth. Shocks people when a woman’s voice comes out. Lots of fun!

4 Sayre July 25, 2006 at 3:08 pm

Oh, how cute! And what a great idea – a costume birthday party!

5 Sharon July 25, 2006 at 3:49 pm

OMG look at how tall Tritan is getting! i haven’t seen him in a while and that shot shows me he’s not going to be a short man.
He’s taller than Nathan I’m sure.
Great costume. He looks very proud of it.
Have fun on you vacation or should I say keep busy in your 2ww, šŸ˜‰

6 Sharon July 25, 2006 at 3:49 pm

He’s taller than Nathan I’m sure.
Great costume. He looks very proud of it.
Have fun on you vacation or should I say keep busy in your 2ww, šŸ˜‰

7 Sara July 25, 2006 at 4:03 pm

Aaarrrhhh!
We got those inflatable swords too – Two of them. In the car. Big mistake. But they really are pretty nifty.
What a great costume, and I’m glad he loved it! He certainly looks like he dos in the picture šŸ™‚

8 Sara July 25, 2006 at 4:03 pm

Aaarrrhhh!

9 Renee July 25, 2006 at 5:10 pm

Cute pirate and have a great vacation!

10 Renee July 25, 2006 at 5:10 pm

Cute pirate and have a great vacation!

11 Zany Mama July 25, 2006 at 6:39 pm

I am completely impressed with this costume that you put together! I live in mortal fear of the day when Zane (age 3) needs me to whip something up for him at the last minute – a costume, a science project, or a snack for school the next day. I’m hopeless at that type of thing.
Have a great vacation!

12 Zany Mama July 25, 2006 at 6:39 pm

Have a great vacation!

13 kris July 25, 2006 at 7:39 pm

Aaarrgggghhh! It’s always fun to make the pirate sound. My kid loves it, too. Tristan looks adorable. Those swords are very cool. All the kids seem to have them. I must have seen 5 in the last week or so, and I’ve not been out much. Have a lovely vacation.

14 kris July 25, 2006 at 7:39 pm

15 andrea from the fishbowl July 25, 2006 at 9:14 pm

So when are we doing coffee?

16 andrea from the fishbowl July 25, 2006 at 9:14 pm

So when are we doing coffee?

17 nancy July 26, 2006 at 6:34 am

WTF? Comments of mine are going missing…first at Marla’s and now here. I was FIRST dammit!!
I am most impressed with your creativity, Tristan looks great!!

18 nancy July 26, 2006 at 6:34 am

I am most impressed with your creativity, Tristan looks great!!