Am I the last person on the Internet to discover Flickr?

by DaniGirl on June 25, 2005 · 9 comments

Like so much in technology and the rest of my life, I am wondering why I waited so long. I have discovered Flickr, and it is good.

Check out my funky little Flickr photo badge over there —>
in the sidebar. Scroll down, it’s under the Blogroll. What do you think? Pretty cool, eh? You can click on it to see the photos, and you can comment on them or tag them… so much more than I am currently doing, which is just posting them in an album. I’m on vacation this week, so hopefully I can play around with it and learn a bit more about it. Anything is better than using the excrutiating Hello to post photos to Blogger.

Happy weekend!

Categories:

1 Troy June 25, 2005 at 1:36 am

You’d be the second last person on the Internet, I’d gather, as I am currently sans-Flicker. And thanks for making me feel completely self-conscious about it. *sigh*
Just for that, colour yourself MEMED!
Hehe.

2 Running2Ks June 25, 2005 at 1:38 am

Hey, I’m clueless. Still using Picasa 🙂

3 ken June 25, 2005 at 3:48 am

Well, I guess Flickr is okay if you’re one of the unlucky folks with a Windoze computer. For us lucky ones with Macs just open a .mac account, put your photos into albums in iphoto, and tell iphoto to upload them to your .mac account.

4 Snack Mommy June 25, 2005 at 3:59 am

Well, I thought you were talking about a horse, so I’m obviously eons behind you!
Love the pic of Tristan with his hands under his chin (while camping?). Great sentiment, great little boy shot!

5 SilverCreek Mom June 25, 2005 at 5:49 pm

Ahhh…What?? Flickr ???
You can do that? You computers for dummies was too hard for me to follow.
So I’m way last in this too. Dani you such a techno wiz!
MY IDOL!

6 AnnaJ June 25, 2005 at 7:25 pm

Tres cool! Have a great week off!!!
Anna

7 Kathy June 27, 2005 at 2:57 am

Oh, I just started this past week. It’s so neat, have you checked out the notes part of it? You can put boxes over parts of your pictures and label it? Very cool.

8 Danigirl June 27, 2005 at 12:43 pm

Ken, are you on my husband’s payroll? He has been lobbying hard for a Mac, but I refuse to start completely from scratch. Maybe when we win the lottery…
Kathy, I read that you could do that with the images, but haven’t figured out how to do it yet. Since becoming a blog comment junkie, I now fear becoming a photo comment junkie as well. Will it never end?! 😉
I noticed when I was posting my book meme (thanks, Troy, that was a fun little trip!) that Blogger has just introduced its own image uploading feature. They must have been listening to me: “Hey guys, look! Danigirl says it’s a pain in the ass to use Hello to upload photos to blog. We’d better get on that one RIGHT NOW!” And within 24 hours, they had it ready. Impressive, no?
xo Danigirl

9 Running2Ks June 27, 2005 at 3:25 pm

Yeah, kind of noticed that. The force is strong in you, young one.