Motion denied

by DaniGirl on February 28, 2007 · 12 comments

in Rants and rambles

I would like to put forth a motion to amend the bylaws, please. There should be a rule that the body is only allowed to house one virus at a time. Multiple viruses will not be permitted to inhabit the body. Specificially, cough-inducing chest cold viruses shall completely vacate the premises before the arrival of migraine-accompanied stomach viruses.

I would further like to move that all viruses be banned from inhabiting the body when said body is up to its eyeballs in work, or when the progeny are dealing with their own viruses.

1 Miche February 28, 2007 at 1:41 pm

Sending *hugs* and soft tissues. Hope you feel better soon!

2 Loukia February 28, 2007 at 1:48 pm

Feel better! I too have a chest cold, seems it has lasted for over two weeks now. I had a dreadful night with baby last night, he woke up crying at midnight and got me in such a panic mode I might have had a mild heart attack. We’ve been through so much that ever time he cries in the middle of the night, I think automatically it’s another UTI and another visit to CHEO is needed in the middle of the night. I tried not to panic, though, and did not take his temperature for fear he had a fever. I wrote about this on my blog because I had to clear my head, too. Drop by if you can. I need mommy hugs today!

3 Marla February 28, 2007 at 2:20 pm

Sending my virtual chicken soup. And you know how good it is.

4 suze February 28, 2007 at 2:26 pm

feel better soon.
and i would second that motion…

5 cinnamon gurl February 28, 2007 at 2:27 pm

That sucks! Hope you feel better soon!

6 mad_hatter February 28, 2007 at 2:39 pm

That’s the problem with those private members’ bills. They never get the needed momentum even when they have merit and integrity. If I were you, I would agitate for a non-confidence vote and just bring down the whole government.

7 Valerie February 28, 2007 at 3:58 pm

Can we add that each household should be allowed only one member with a virus at any given time? Especially only one parent at a time.
Being sick s*cks. Hope this passes quickly.

8 Jen February 28, 2007 at 6:12 pm

Here’s wishing you good heath!! Now if only Norton would come out with something for this…

9 nancy February 28, 2007 at 7:19 pm

I second that motion. For a second time.

10 Patty February 28, 2007 at 7:46 pm

And if you do, in fact, have the power to implement this amendment, please second my motion that any one house can only have one body stricken with a virus at any one time. No colonizing an entire family of bodies!

11 Meg February 28, 2007 at 8:54 pm

It’s almost easier when everyone gets sick. Then you don’t have the healthy people wanting to do things! At my house that would be my beloved. Everyone will be sick or fighting something and he makes us all go outside and do an activity like toboganning! It’s at this point that evryone gets really really sick!
That anoys me.

12 Sharon February 28, 2007 at 11:17 pm

Here Here!
Speaking as one who is picking up her 15th millionth cold or flu this season.
Pray that Miranda doesn’t get it till she gets back from Spain.
Here I thought I was past all this finally. HA! they said.