I‘m taking a break from All-PEI-All-The-Time blogging to share a terrific little bit of news that hits a little closer to home. Did you hear that my very favourite toy store, Mastermind Toys, has opened a Barrhaven location? You might remember last year I blogged about it when they opened their first store in Ottawa, and it quickly became a family favourite.
I really love Mastermind Toys, and I especially love that I won’t have to make the trek out to Kanata or St Laurent Blvd when I’m hunting for birthday gifts or treats for the boys. In fact, the day the new Barrhaven store opened, Beloved stopped in and stocked up on a couple of party gifts and a neat jigsaw mat for Lucas. I love that the selection of products at Mastermind Toys seems to be a curated collection, not at all the same old things you see in all the big box stores. Sure, they have popular toys like the Rainbow Looms and Playmobil, but they also have toys, books and games I’ve never seen in any other store. I especially like the wide selection of things that only cost a few dollars but aren’t junky, perfect for loot bags, wee treats and things for boys to spend their allowance on.
The new Barrhaven Mastermind Toys is celebrating its grand opening this weekend, July 10 – 13. Drop by the store and you will enjoy free loot bags for the kiddies, special offers and giveaways and only on Saturday July 12, cupcakes! Of course, Mastermind’s complimentary gift wrap will be available all weekend as well.
Speaking of giveaways, I’m delighted that the fine peeps at Mastermind Toys have offered a $50 gift card for me to share with one lucky reader. Yay for sharesies!!
Would you like to win the $50 gift card from Mastermind Toys? Leave a comment on this post (on the blog, not on Facebook, please!) telling me what you love about summer. That’s it!
Here’s the fine print:
- This is a giveaway for one $50 gift card from Mastermind Toys.
- To enter the giveaway, simply leave a comment on this post (not on Facebook, must appear on danigirl.ca/blog) telling me what you love about summer.
- One winner will be chosen at random from all comments posted.
- Everyone who “likes” Postcards from the Mothership on Facebook will get a bonus entry. (This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook.) If you already like Postcards from the Mothership on FB, just say so in your comment.
- This giveaway is open only to residents of Canada, excluding residents of Quebec. (sorry!)
- This giveaway will run until 11:59 pm EDT on Friday July 11, 2014.
- If you win, you will pick up your gift card at the Barrhaven store. You must be willing to share your contact information with me so I can share it with Mastermind Toys.
Thanks to Mastermind Toys for sponsoring this giveaway (and for opening a store around the corner from us!) and good luck to everyone who enters.
If you go:
What? Grand opening of Mastermind Toys third Ottawa location in Barrhaven
When? July 10 – 13
Where? 71 Marketplace Ave (in the Chapman Mills Marketplace, near Loblaws)
Edited to add: Congratulations to Joy, belated winner of the gift card from Mastermind Toys. Sorry to all for the delay in wrapping this up – remind me to never sandwich a bloggy giveaway between two vacations again! 😉
Related posts (automatically generated):
- A new Ottawa toy store and a giveaway! Way back in the spring, I was invited to the grand opening of Ottawa’s newest toy store, Mastermind Toys. Do you know them? I found out that one of my all-time favourite toy stores in my home town of London is a part of their chain, as is the gift...
- Why I think Indigo Kids is awesome (part 1 of 3), and a giveaway! One of the more popular posts on this blog, from a traffic standpoint, is the “An experienced mom’s guide to kid birthday parties in Ottawa.” It seems parents are looking for inspiration when it comes to hosting birthday parties for their kids. Consider this set of three posts the other...
- Giveaway: Tickets to the Ottawa Originals Christmas Craft Show! Do you have all your holiday shopping done? Still looking for the perfect gift, or maybe filling in a few last-minute gaps? You’ll find a little something for everyone at the Ottawa Originals Christmas Craft Show, and I’ve got three pair of tickets to give away – but you’d better...
- Why I think Indigo Kids is awesome (part 2 of 3), and a giveaway! This is the second in a set of three posts about how Indigo Kids makes birthday party preparations painless and maybe even fun. Last time, I mentioned how impressed I was to find rows of pre-wrapped (and FREE-wrapped, no less) gift selections at my local Indigo Kids last autumn. Fast...
- Why I think Indigo Kids is awesome (the big finale) – and a giveaway! Through the month of April I’ve been putting up a series of posts on why I am incredibly impressed with Indigo Kids. The first post talked about how pleasantly surprised I was to find Indigo Kids offers a selection of great pre-wrapped toys to make your birthday-gift-shopping experience as painless...