Boobies, boobies, everywhere

by DaniGirl on April 21, 2005 · 8 comments

So I’ve been noticing breasts a lot lately. Other women’s breasts, that is.

Um, maybe I should mention this right up front, this is probably going to be another one of those posts where we talk about girlie stuff. Don’t say I didn’t warn you. But those of you both with and without a penis proved yourselves worthy last time, so we’ll see if we can keep up a decent level of decorum around here.

(Ya, and like you’re not going to keep reading after that first line, right? It’s called a hook, baby, and you’re hooked!)

So, as I was saying, I’ve been noticing other women’s breasts. It has a lot to do with that support thing I was mentioning before. Just like in a restaurant, when you take a look around to see what everybody else is eating to find out what looks good, I like to check out breasts to see how well they are being kept from hanging. Dangling. You know what I mean.

I was at a business meeting a couple of weeks ago, and the woman chairing the meeting had pretty decent sized ta-tas, but she was wearing this tight little white T-shirt under a jacket in that terrific lime green colour that’s everywhere right now, and she looked just fabulous. Her bra gave her so much support, but she didn’t have that “torpedo boob” thing going on that most extra-support bras create. I really really wanted to ask her what kind of bra she was wearing and where could I get one, but she’s a relatively high-ranking and important client, and I managed to rethink the propriety of asking lingerie questions at our first meeting – with ten or a dozen other people in the room.

And then last night, since Lost! was a repeat (what a great show that is, eh?) I made the serious tactical error of watching Will and Grace instead. Not that that’s a tactical error in itself, because man that’s one funny show. The problem is that it ended and I was too sucked into the idiot box to change the channel before Stacked came on. Surely you’ve heard about it, the sophisticated new comedy starring Pamela Anderson’s boobs.

Okay, so I’m a girl, right? And I’ve got breasts of my own, and have no real boobie-envy whatsoever, and would really like to have less instead of more boobs in my life. Except for the full half-hour, I found myself unable to take my eyes off them. THEM. They’re HUGE! And so so so — so unnatural looking. Granted, I didn’t get the whole perfume thing either, but why would somebody do this to themselves? (Answer: to get a Fox sitcom. Begets question: why would anybody do that to themselves, either?)

So anyway, I really have no point whatsoever here, but I thought in the interest of disclosure that you might need to know that I’m spending an inordinate amount of synaptic energy on breasts lately. That’s not too weird, is it?

1 nancy April 21, 2005 at 4:31 pm

LOL! Funny mention show about Pam’s boobs. Two weeks running now I tell hubby that Idol is on at 9, yet when I get to tv at 9, he is already there. He then tells me he ‘accidentally’ fell upon that new ‘Pamela Anderson show’ and was sure I told him Idol was at 8:30. LOL!! I can’t wait to tell him you also like that show, he’ll be most impressed.

2 Robin April 21, 2005 at 7:32 pm

Larry and I went to Las Vegas about 7 years ago and saw our first Vegas show. We had a table right on the edge of the stage. Well, in true Las Vegas fashion the girls were topless. I was enjoying the show and paying attention until they took their tops off. After that I spent the whole time staring right at their boobs. I don’t think Larry looked at them as much as I did.
I was not short changed in the boob department. I was a c cup in the 6th grade. So I don’t know why I stare at them the way I do. So no I don’t think your weird at all. ๐Ÿ˜‰

3 SilverCreek Mom April 21, 2005 at 9:05 pm

So basically if I’m ever in a resturant and some lady comes up to me and asks where I got by BRA it will be YOU???
I hope you know the Heimlik cause I may choke on my food laughing.
And thanks for noticing…
Lmao

4 Batman April 22, 2005 at 12:22 am

Strangely, I’m at a loss for words. I realize THAT in itself is strange given the topic at hand. Whatever you do…don’t get caught staring.

5 suzanne April 22, 2005 at 4:55 am

I remember after I got engaged, I started noticing fingers and rings, etc. And I can only guess that your current interest with breasts is because your whole life breasts were basically useless pieces of flesh. And when you had a baby, they actually *did* something. They had a purpose. And when I see women with babies, I look at their breasts too and wonder if they’re breastfeeding… Who knows, mabye it’s some hormonal/instinctual thing… like dogs smelling each other’s hind quarters ๐Ÿ˜‰

6 Danigirl April 22, 2005 at 12:55 pm

Suzanne, I am howling with laughter because I fear you are exactly correct. When it comes right down to it, despite our cell phones and wipes warmers and smart fridges, we are nothing but a cesspool of phermones and instinct.
xo Danigirl

7 Meredith April 23, 2005 at 8:32 pm

My mother always likes to remind me that we are just animals afterall! Phermones and instinct indeed. I’m breastfeeding now and when I’m out and about without our boy I feel self-conscious of the size and shape of these appendages. Like I have no good excuse. So yeah, I stare at others too.
I found you through Melinkie. Good times…

8 Kim April 24, 2005 at 12:48 am

I’d love to know the answers to a good support bra. I am ‘large’ and cannot find a bra to keep them up. I hate it because it makes clothes hard to fit. Oh and they aren’t Pamela Anderson large, they are your Grandma type of large ๐Ÿ˜†